Taking a crack at MOTD redesign for servers...

J. Dunlavy

Hey J I think you did great taking all the input and making something that looks a little stylish and gets people to read the darn message. I know I found myself checking them a few times because they look so GOSH DARN good man. <tear> Your the man, and I am putting you for eXtreme home makover. Frag on brother!! :)

I can not wait to see them in game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey J I think you did great taking all the input and making something that looks a little stylish and gets people to read the darn message. I know I found myself checking them a few times because they look so GOSH DARN good man. <tear> Your the man, and I am putting you for eXtreme home makover. Frag on brother!! :)

I can not wait to see them in game.

:D:D:D

Oh, and Fatty... what text goes on what? Which server gets the orange and which server gets the blue theme? I'll try to get a third one done later today, but I need to know what type to include for the header of each.

Thanks.

Um, hmmm....dunno, use colors that go with what we have, or don't, doesn't matter.

What do you mean type for the header?

Top of the image. The string containing the server name and parameters. I need to retype Immutable for the others.

Looks great, putting them live NOW.

Well, actually, two of those in release 2 are immut?!

I'm putting the mayhem up now. Let me know when you're done changing one of the others to Recrudescence.

Are the MOTD things in HTML? If so, do they support php? If they did, what would be cool would be if we had the same motds but different backgrounds everytime someone joins. Even though no one really looks at em, it'd still be cool.

I'd be willing to pose CSS stuff in Gmod for backgrounds...

It's probably past its time, but just sayin.

Are the MOTD things in HTML? If so, do they support php? If they did, what would be cool would be if we had the same motds but different backgrounds everytime someone joins. Even though no one really looks at em, it'd still be cool.

I don't have Gmod. If you can, find an urban setting map and pose a lot of CTs and Ts together. Use your imagination. Send me some high-res screens of what you come up with!

Looks great, putting them live NOW.

Well, actually, two of those in release 2 are immut?!

I'm putting the mayhem up now. Let me know when you're done changing one of the others to Recrudescence.

Sorry Fatty, I should have clarified: Some were repetitive image uploads with minute changes. I wasn't sure whether or not to go with lowercase body text, but I figured I should since members were suggesting it.

The images uploaded now are release candidates.

The third one may be altered with a better scene if Jackie's Gmod comes through. :-)

GC Alumni
(edited)

I don't have Gmod. If you can, find an urban setting map and pose a lot of CTs and Ts together. Use your imagination. Send me some high-res screens of what you come up with!

I can use CSS maps in gmod too.

I try to pose some T/CT models when I get home from work today... I'm not too good at posing ragdolls, but that doesn't mean I won't try.

for some reason, I can't spawn T/CT models in gmod... and i'm not sure how to fix it either.

Edited by JackieChan