Just tested my new rig!!

Clueless

Well, the other night my cpu fried, so i ventured out to Microcenter and picked up some new gear, yes...I know...I coulda bought online and saved cash...but I am Clueless...and also very impatient.

Here's what I am running now:

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+

Gigabyte K8 Triton series, SLI ready, Nforce 4

1gb of ram (gonna replace my single with dual channel later)

7900GT OC (gonna add a second in a few months when the price drops)

160gb SATA HD @ 3.0/sec

Running pretty good so far, the HL2 video test in STEAM ran full graphic settings at 121fps....no glitches whatsoever.

This is my first X2 chip, and my first Nvidia card in a long time, so anyone with any performance tips, other than overclocking, please offer them up, I am ready to tweak now that its running good stock settings.

:wavey:

GC Alumni

Has anyone here personally overclocked either the cpu or the vidcard i have? I am looking for pure apples to apples here, and im only interested in safe bets, i dont wanna go nuts and burn stuff up, lol.

And for now, i wanna stick with stock cooling.

Heres exactly what I have :

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+

BFG Tech GeForce 7900 GT OC - 475mhz core clock, 680mhz memory clock, 256mb GDDR3, pci-e

Thanks guys!!

i have your cpu. 240x10 is very easy to do and should work fine on stock voltage.

i don't have that vid card but mine is comparable based on mine and lazs' comparisons. (he has that vid card or at least a 7900gt)