mapcycle

I like de_port, mainly because it's so different from all of the other maps. After playing a bunch of maps with nothing but hallways, it's a breath of fresh air. Also, I'm not really a big fan of de_piranesi, I haven't seen many servers with it in rotation, but hey, if I'm in the minority on that one, then I'll keep my objections to myself. :D

I like de_port, mainly because it's so different from all of the other maps. After playing a bunch of maps with nothing but hallways, it's a breath of fresh air. Also, I'm not really a big fan of de_piranesi, I haven't seen many servers with it in rotation, but hey, if I'm in the minority on that one, then I'll keep my objections to myself. :D

ironic because i really don't like port and i love piranesi...

i agree with witt on his suggestions and i think if we want to throw in another cs map we could add compound

when are we going to add customs i miss the cpl maps?!?!

GC Alumni
when are we going to add customs i miss the cpl maps?!?!
dunno about compound. the goal is to increase or maintain server traffic, not kill it :D

fyi, these maps are available, just not in rotation. admins, you can ALWAYS see what maps are available by typing 'ma_maplist' into console (or anyone can see by typing 'listmaps' in chat). please please please feel free to break out of the boring rotation, just check with your fellow .gc before making the nextmap pick. in console 'ma_chat hey guys, mind if we play cpl_mill instead next?' followed by 'ma_setnextmap de_cpl_mill'

to review:

ma_maplist // shows all playable loaded maps

ma_chat // check with .gc before changing nextmap

ma_setnextmap // set the nextmap

current maplist:

cs_assault

cs_compound

cs_havana

cs_italy

cs_militia

cs_office

de_aztec

de_cbble

de_chateau

de_contra

de_cpl_fire

de_cpl_mill

de_dust

de_dust2

de_inferno

de_losttemple

de_nuke

de_piranesi

de_port

de_prodigy

de_russka

de_strike_betafinal

de_subdivision

de_tides

de_train

de_villa

the "build multi map vote" option in the mani menu is pretty cool, too.

Hey John, I'm not sure whats been going on. But lately when I've switched the map to villa, it seems like nobody new is able to join in. One time this happened and we swapped maps cuz the server was basically empty, one of the guys rejoined and said that he got an "map not found" error and couldn't d/l it from the server. Are we sure all those maps are on the d/l server right now?

de_subdivison didn't work. I tried it out and "missing map de_subdivison... Sounds like an interesting map though. I'll try to fix it. :)

Think i found the problem. There were 2 de_subdivisons in the maps server.. So i just took out the non-zipped one.