ARGGGG!

Xterminator

Ok so here's a pet peeve that's been buggin me for a while now, today just tops the cake so i had to post about it. I didn't bring a lunch to work today so i went out for lunch.

So here's my story. I was feeling kinda peckish so i decided to hit up Pita Pit since it's close to work. Now i'm an avid goer of pita pit so when i get in there, i know what i want already. So i place my order. The dude gets ready to make my pita and asks ok what do you want. So i tell him politely

X: Lettuce, onions, green peppers, secret sauce, that's it

Dude: Would you like anything else?

X: No, that's it

Dude: *assembling pita*, would you like any cheese?

X: No thanks

Moron: you sure? (i kid you not he said it)

X: Quite

So i eat my pita in frusteration and i'm still a bit hungry, rather than going through the painful process of ordering another pita (and the fact i was craving a burger) i hit up harvey's next door.

Like pita pit i know my harveys and i know what i want and i place my order nice and simple as to not confuse the little old lady behind the till

X: Can i get an original burger combo with bacon

what do you think she said? that's right you guessed it

Lady: Would you like cheese with that?

X: Look lady i just got hassled at pita pit with that same question i dont want cheese, if i wanted cheese i would have ordered a cheese burger combo!

(nah i didn't say this)

X (real response): No thankyou (with a huge smile on my face cuz i'm angry).

Honestly i dont understand what's wrong with these people. If i ask for something specifically that's what i want. Now i do forget things from time to time but when it comes to food my memory is solid. If i ask for this this and this i only want this this and this. Don't try to give me that, i dont need that, i dont want that.

...just my little gripe for today, i hope tomorrow goes smoother if i go out for lunch again

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Sorry...I had to... :biglaugha: <3

But seriously, stuff like this bugs me to no end too...but it's always them not asking me for cheese or me saying "burger with cheese" and them never putting it on...

• 2 weeks later...

They are usually instructed to ask for cheese because it costs extra. Also people are more apt to buy when prompted.

BUT -

Yesterday I ordered a Double Swiss Butterburger with everything, a Single Swiss Butterburger with everything except for a tomato (for my gf), and a large fry. She repeated the order, and this is what I got: A double deluxe burger (same as swiss but with American Cheese), a single burger (no cheese, no mayo, just veggies), a large fry (impossible to screw up), and a soft drink (which she had charged me for). I was in a huge hurry to get to a Green Bay Packer game so I rushed out without looking at my order (not like I would have had time to change it anyway).

Similar thing happened to me at Subway last month...I ordered a sandwich and a HS girl (who was quite obviously under the influence of drugs) would point to a veggie and ask me if I wanted it every time, then would ploddingly add each one. This was after I had already explained my original order. It took her about 10 minutes to complete the sub while there was a line of about 10 people behind me. Her co-workers apologized for her.

I am really tired of bored-looking HS kids thinking that they are too good for these jobs and not caring whether they screw up or not. If anything, I hope that the managers are paying attention so their lack of motivation comes back to bite them in the butt when it comes to getting a job post-graduation. :boo:

EDIT: At the same time, cut these people some slack. Getting angry at them isn't going to change their attitudes. I worked in the service industry as well, and people can sometimes be real jerks for no good reason.

Edited by 00b3rN00b

I'm more prone to be frustrated when you go into stores such as bestbuy and they ask if you'd like magazine subscriptions, but yah, they have to ask that stuff it is the focus groups who you should get annoyed with. Still I agree with the HS workers at places like subway, now I am only 16 myself and have no place to complain too much, but I remember a few years a go the subway near my house would normally take my family almost 30 minutes to get four subs because the workers were so incredibly slow and would forget orders three to four times.

• 4 weeks later...