Mozilla firefox

TheReverend(c)

Yea so somtimes Im on a site like pricewatch and I click on somthing I want too see. This of course creates another page and I view it. But it doesnt give the "back" option and when I try to click on the "x" to close it and go back to the previouse page it asks if I want to close the 2 tabs as if I have a choice. This is really annoying now so I have to restart firefox and go back to where I was? Is it just me or is this just goofy? Why cant I open all the pages I want and close them seperately when I want? :bang:

you can go into options and uncheck where it says open new windows in tabs..or something to that effect...and if you want to just close a tab...look at the bar just below the address bar..all the way to the right, you will see an X, just click that and it will close the tabbed window that is showing.

you can set up firefox to do whatever you want....sounds like you want to have it open links in a new window....there is an option for that as well :peace:

... and when I try to click on the "x" to close it and go back to the previouse page it asks if I want to close the 2 tabs as if I have a choice...

You're clicking on the wrong "X". From what I can tell, the web page is opening a new "tab", not a new "window"...so you need to close the "tab" This is called tabbed browsing. Of course there are many ways to customize this activity. I'd recommened "Tab Mix Plus" extension to help you choose how to handle opening of popups/windows/tabs/links/etc

Search for it in google, install the extension and then restart firefox. Go to Tools->Options and click on the "Tab Mix Plus" tab. Go thru all the options and customize to your heart's content.

adamdylla+gmail.com