looking for AMD 3000+ or higher

TheGeek

i wouldn't bother geek. a 2800 runs at 2.25 ghz. it's the fastest socket a cpu you can get. 3000 and 3200 have higher model numbers because they run at 200fsb. my suggestion for you would be to bump your fsb to 200 and drop your multiplier to 11. then you'd have a 3200 without changing voltage at all.

be sure that your ram is ddr400 and your motherboard can support 200fsb. if not then even buying a 3000 or 3200 would be useless.

(edited)
i wouldn't bother geek. a 2800 runs at 2.25 ghz. it's the fastest socket a cpu you can get. 3000 and 3200 have higher model numbers because they run at 200fsb. my suggestion for you would be to bump your fsb to 200 and drop your multiplier to 11. then you'd have a 3200 without changing voltage at all.

be sure that your ram is ddr400 and your motherboard can support 200fsb. if not then even buying a 3000 or 3200 would be useless.

You just saved me money. I don't know what a multiplier is but my motherboard crashes when I run at 200. Right now I run at 166.

So, what I should be looking for is a 32 bit motherboard that can run it at 200fsb.

Does anybody have one of those? I have a Shuttle AN35 ultra. Don't laugh, it was 25 dollars.

Edited by TheGeek

(edited)
I have and ASUS socket A MB that should have that..

Well my shuttle said that it could run 200fsb but it cant.

Have you ever ran a processor at 200fsb on that mobo? I need to know for certain that it can run it at that speed.

Edited by TheGeek

The family comp has an XP and a AN35N Ultra in it and I think I have it on 213x10. The processor is already 200FSB though. The AN35Ns are great Socket A board though.

NOT mine. I heard that shuttle is the ceapest brand you can buy. Mine crashes constantly

(edited)

it should support 200fsb. you probably aren't setting the multiplier correctly. or possibly your ram is only ddr333.

edit - check that you have the latest bios.

Edited by Cujo

(edited)
it should support 200fsb. you probably aren't setting the multiplier correctly. or possibly your ram is only ddr333.

Well, I tried getting new bios and there was no exe. It was a iso that was 1kb. Its really dumb.

And any other bios I have to pay money for.

hmmmmm I am looking at cpu-z right now and it doesnt tell me if I have ddr333 or ddr400. Is there a way to tell from my comp?

This is the ram I have

Nanya Technology DDR-SDRAM PC3200 512 MB

Edited by TheGeek