Hanns-G Flat Panel monitors

Playaa

(edited)

So I have known about these monitors for awhile. They are by a company called Hanns-G. They are REALLY well priced mainly because Hanns-G is not a name brand company. Well I researched them a bit and could barely find any bad reviews. Almost every review I saw had some variation of "it wasn't a name brand but I took the gamble and it's AMAZING".

well...my review is "I took the gamble and it's AMAZING!".

I just got mine in today from Newegg...I ordered it yesterday. I got the 19" Widescreen one and I am flabbergasted (side note...flabbergasted is actually in Firefox's spell check dictionary...odd) that I got such a beautiful monitor for $189.00. I haven't tried it with games yet but in windows it's amazing.

One thing that I really like about it is that it uses XBrite technology which I've never seen on a desktop lcd...I've only seen that used with laptops. If you've seen the difference between an XBrite laptop and a non XBrite laptop then you'll know how much more crisp this monitor looks.

yeah...that's all I've got to say. If you're in the market for a flat panel soon...definitely look into Hanns-G.

*edit*

http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?Sku=6732798

$119 for a 19" after rebate.

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

well it says "Made in China" on it.

also, last night I did notice I had 1 stuck pixel...luckily it wasn't dead and it was easy to massage out.

yeah...the only thing I don't like about this monitor is the fact that it came before the rest of the computer so I don't get to play games on it yet...and I want to.

:)

well it says "Made in China" on it.

also, last night I did notice I had 1 stuck pixel...luckily it wasn't dead and it was easy to massage out.

yeah...the only thing I don't like about this monitor is the fact that it came before the rest of the computer so I don't get to play games on it yet...and I want to.

:)

Massage eh? You want to fill me in on your methods? I've never seen this done before and I think my 32" LCD has a stuck pix and I'd like it unstuck

a stuck pixel is going to show up as either red, green or blue when the background is black. A dead pixel will show up as black on a white background.

if you google "fix a stuck pixel" you will find alot of help and things you are supposed to try first before the massage thing, but none of that worked for me and the massage thing did (though the pixel did come unstuck one more time and massaging it fixed it again).

anyway, all I did was put the tip of my index finger on the screen where the stuck pixel was (make sure the background is black so you can see the pixel) and kinda moved my finger in a round motion (you can see the liquid in the LCD move in kinda a wave around your finger).

be forewarned though, the site that told me to do this said it was the last resort and could cause more stuck pixels to occur and not fix the first one...but it did work for me with no problems.

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor

that's the site I went off of.

on another note, anyone looking for an LCD monitor...

http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?Sku=6732798

$119 after rebate for a 19" Hanns-G (8ms though, which MIGHT cause some ghosting in games...but for the price...can you complain?)

I got the samsung 940BF and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I never have glare and the color is better than a CRT. So if a samsung has no glare, and same if not better spec's then why is these better? I guess I would just have to see one.

Edited by TheGeek

why is these better?

I didn't say it was better than that Samsung...though there is an $80 price difference and the one I got is widescreen.

the price was my biggest reason for saying how nice these things were...and actually, looking at the Samsung you got, the differences I see are the Samsung has a 2ms response time vs a 5ms response time from the Hanns-G. The Hanns-G goes to a higher resolution though (1440x900 I think) and the Samsung only goes to 1280x1024.

from what I see, the Samsung is a fine monitor...but you are basically paying $80 more for a -3ms response time (better for gaming) and a name (doesn't really matter for gaming at all).

being a frequent user of both types...and being an owner of the former undisputed CRT champ (22" NEC flat CRT) and an owner of a Hanns-G 19" WS...I would say that I enjoy the LCD far more and appreicate the space saving and weight saving.

However, the response time of the CRT can't be beat, althought I've noticed no ghosting whatsoever on my 19" (Hanns-G, 5ms) LCD or my 22" LCD (acer, 5 ms).

I am overall happier with the LCD, but the CRT did provide better response times, more flexible resolution scaling, and more accurate color reproduction.

my 2 cents.