What are considered cheats?

I was just wondering what would be considered cheats so that I don't download any and get banned from tropolis. I really enjoy playing on your server.

I was mainly considering new cross hairs.

I would just like some tips to make me a better player.

if it sounds unnatural, it probably is a cheat..

For instance...the title of the download says..

"LET'S YOU SEE THROUGH CONCRETE WALLS!"

I'd consider that a cheat.

:lol:

Most cheats are things that help you see better, move better, shoot better or give u more awareness of the enemy. Those are cheats. Things that give you a better look and feel are not cheats.

Try this command in console:

adjust_crosshairs

I believe that's the command to make them change colors. You may even want to bind it to a key to change it for different maps.

You could even get all fancy and put this into your config (replacing whatever your attack is now - prolly bind mouse1 +attack)

alias +coloratk "+attack; adjust_crosshair"

alias -coloratk "-attack"

bind "MOUSE1" "+coloratk"

This would change your crosshair color every time you hit the shoot button.

Otherwise, what DJ said is true. If it smells fishy; it prolly is.

One thing to look out for is skins that are not stock. For example, if you install a skinpack that makes everyone a neon glowing color, that wouls be considered a hack. Also huge spikes coming outta peeps could also be considered a hack. I installed Bloodpack, and thats all I have the temerity to participate in as of yet.

btw, I think you h4x already :rolleyes::D

Stick around, Beany, you will be pwnin people like Fat, Rev, and Cane in no time...might take a little longer for the rest of us though :)

Some servers won't let you change your models either. Bout the only one I changed was the Tomb Raider one. Most other models I like are much larger and would slow my game down considerably.

Guest MuffinClan
Guest MuffinClan
Guest MuffinClan
Guests

If ur name is MuffinMan it is considered a cheat. :lol:

yeah that skin r0xx0rz......until of course you reload.

then you get this.

coltinface.jpg

difficult to see what's in front of you but you can see what's right under your arm.....so I usually turn sideways and look where my arm is supposed to be...........

:)

other than that it's a fun skin....good sounds too.

heh.

I WAS one of those kills.

:)

and as for the nice computer....save your money and build one yourself. Mine was capable of running any video game on the market (including the Doom3 Alpha test at 25fps) at $600.

so it's definatly the way to go....and not too difficult if you buy a bare bones (mother board, case, power supply, processor put together already)

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

I used to have skins til I started playing CAL. Now I'm scared to have skins lol

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

Main Entry: [1]cheat

Pronunciation: 'chEt

Date: 1590

transitive senses

1 : to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud

2 : to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice

3 : to elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting <cheat death>

intransitive senses

1 a : to practice fraud or trickery b : to violate rules dishonestly (as at cards or on an examination)

2 : to be sexually unfaithful; usually used with on

- cheat·er noun

synonyms CHEAT, COZEN, DEFRAUD, SWINDLE mean to get something by dishonesty or deception. CHEAT suggests using trickery that escapes observation <cheated me out of a dollar>. COZEN implies artful persuading or flattering to attain a thing or a purpose <always able to cozen her grandfather out of a few dollars>. DEFRAUD stresses depriving one of his or her rights and usually connotes deliberate perversion of the truth <defrauded of her inheritance by an unscrupulous lawyer>. SWINDLE implies large-scale cheating by misrepresentation or abuse of confidence <swindled of their savings by con artists>.

...yeah

Thanks guys :lol:

That helps. I think I'll just keep running around as a moving target and every so often get a few more nade killz under me.

Thanks for that picture Playaa, I heard you guys talking about that during that game and was hoping to see it.

I guess only time will tell :ph34r:

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

To get better one of the best things you can do is just run around and test your reflexes and work on your aim. Sitting and camping and playing the pub cpl game will never get you better, if you rush alot you will die alot but in the end it will help you develop better aim.

Work on burst firing, just don't hold down the button unless your super close to a person. Learn the guns, each gun fires differently. Try lowerin your sensitivity and turning off mouse acceleration if you have it on. DONT GET DISCOURAGED WE WERE ALL NEW PLAYERS AT ONE TIME. But some of us have been playing this game for years and thats why we're pretty good. Ummm, become friends with someone that is good and ask them to help ya. I would go in my private server and show you some tips if you would ever like some.

Thats about all, just keep at it you'll get good eventually :D

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

^

||

||

||

wanna get better at CS? read that again

nice post m0ss

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

just don't pick up my pub-i camping tactics they are really lame.

Thanks Moss, I'd like to go to your private server, let me know how to do it.

Sometime I get a litte frustrated playing when I attack an enemy and am laying the shots into him, then the next thing I know is I'm laying on the ground after only taking a couple shot from him.

I read in a guide that burst shots and head shots are best and have been trying, but am still trying to find the best way to aim.

I guess practice, practice, practice.

turning off mouse acceleration if you have it on.

Everything he said is good advice. This tidbit just seems necessary under Windows XP if you are using that.

To do this, add: '-noforcemparms -noforcemaccel' to the end of the target line of the icon you use to start the game.