pc for the parentals

benjester

I replied to your pm but thought i'd share my config with the rest here.

Motherboard

CPU

RAM

Hard Drive

DVD Burner

Case and Power Supply

Total before tax is 569.94 in newegg cart.

IMO this system is the best you can get for that price range. Let me know your thoughts and feel free to ask any questions.

not bad... I like it.. but in all seriousness, what kind of graphic capability does that onboard have? I've never been a fan of on board video... I do like the rest though. I had forgotten about that case, same one you recommended for my sis's pc, and it worked out great.

just not sure about the video...

Don't expect any integrated video chip to do anything other than watching videos. I would consider getting a cheap PCI-Express card (since AGP is dead and equivalent PCI-E cards are much cheaper)

that is what i was figuring...

Pretty nicee actually. Did you remember to factor in an OS and monitor.

got them already... just need the box. thanks though. 8)

Motherboard

IMO this system is the best you can get for that price range. Let me know your thoughts and feel free to ask any questions.

For the record that's the motherboard my company put in all our new PCs...and I play CSS from work on a daily basis, with tweaking I stay about 50fps at all times...works great! (I was thoroughly surprised) and yes I use the integrated VidCard

Motherboard

For the record that's the motherboard my company put in all our new PCs...and I play CSS from work on a daily basis, with tweaking I stay about 50fps at all times...works great! (I was thoroughly surprised) and yes I use the integrated VidCard

Thanks for the feedback mo... still have some time to think about it. I might just pony up some additional funds to get a different motherboard, and vid card... but still thinking about it.

the beauty of that motherboard is that the integrated is just as good as anything sub $100 for a separate card. certainly the x1300 is not worth the extra price. the board does have a pci express 16x slot so upgrading down the road is very easy. at minimum, to make it worth while over the integrated, you're looking at a 6600/x1600 or higher.

i'm so jealous. i'm stuck with intel's crappy media accelerator 850 that barely manages 30fps in 1.6...

Edited by Cujo

i'm so jealous. i'm stuck with intel's crappy media accelerator 850 that barely manages 30fps in 1.6...

Just for you I won't play today...