BIOS help needed

Allanon

Hey all, I have been trying to over-clock recently (I ordered a better heatsink and wish to push my CPU a tad bit more maybe 50 MHz or more). Anyways I have tried changing the clock speed through my BIOS (I have a Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe) and I couldn't change any of the settings, they seemed to be greyed out.

Anyone know if I should change BIOS and if so what BIOS, and if not does anyone know a solution to this?

Thanks, Allanon.

(edited)

Ughs... I tried to get into the BIOS again but it said Utilities were disabled... I don't even remember disabling utilities :( anyone know how to get this fixed?

THanks, Allanon.

Edited by Allanon

beware of that which you are not familiar with....

I tried to overclock my AMD64 chipset and whacked out my whole system. It took a royal "dump" on my head when I messed with the bios, so from experience....... make sure you know what you're doing, cuz I still don't

Edited by s|im smi|ey

Cant hurt and it takes 2 seconds. My usb keyboard didnt work the first time I turned my pc on, and I had to use my roommates. But you cant even get into your bios options - that's weird.

Cause it must recognize the keyboard since it gives me the message, I guess I can just sigh and wait for vista so I can flash my bios and start over.

Cant hurt and it takes 2 seconds. My usb keyboard didnt work the first time I turned my pc on, and I had to use my roommates. But you cant even get into your bios options - that's weird.

Cause it must recognize the keyboard since it gives me the message, I guess I can just sigh and wait for vista so I can flash my bios and start over.

Installing Vista wont flash your bios... You can do that right now if you want to. You're pressing delete when you mobo flash screen comes up, right? lol

Installing Vista wont flash your bios... You can do that right now if you want to. You're pressing delete when you mobo flash screen comes up, right? lol

Um... no I'm waiting until I get the black screen and I push CTRL + S/ F4

Oh. Well then that may be your problem.

I have the exact same board but premium, not deluxe. When your pc first boots up, you'll see the asus screen. Look at the bottom left corner, it'll say "Press delete to enter setup" or something like that.

Press delete and presto - you're into your bios. THAT may fix your problem...

And yeah, what does pressing that combination do anyway? We all know I love my key-combinations :P

AMD 64 4000+ though I'm about to get a 4800 X2 because they're so much cheaper now. I also have 1 GB of Corsair DDR400 PC3200 and 1GB of some other generic brand which I might wanna replace *I know it's PC3200 but that's about it*