Xbox 360 Movies/TV shows

EbilDustBunny

Maverick' date='Dec 19 2006, 01:37 PM' post='382526']

If you disconnect your 360 from teh internet and set its clock back you can fool it into thinking you still have time to watch the movie.

that was fast....

fast, yes.

ghetto, absolutely. :blink:

It's a neat way to extend the time you have to view that movie, but without 'Net you won't be renting any more movies, nor will you be playing games online.

It's definitely a nice way to get an extra few days out of something you rented, if you want it, and I'm not saying that it's not clever, but it's hardly a crack.

In other news, XNA Game Studio Express 1.0 has been released. For $100, you can join the XBox 360 Developer's Network and write games for your machine. It's really limited in scope, but if you wanted some programmatic interaction with your machine it's a relatively cheap and warranty-not-voiding way of doing so. Plus, who knows, perhaps you can do other things that will obviate the need to crack rented movies...

Yeah with the dev kit release I expect some interesting things to happen in the coming year...I'm not too sure how MS will be able to police it since I've heard people distributing their first attempts using the kit to people not a part of the "club". What does this mean? Well, if someone manages to figure out a way to bypass the 360 bios through a "game" then the sofmod doors will crack wide open...here's hoping!

If you disconnect your 360 from teh internet and set its clock back you can fool it into thinking you still have time to watch the movie.

too much effort lol

Maverick' date='Dec 20 2006, 01:51 PM' post='382701']

how's the quality of the downloaded movie? Better than normal DVD's? I doubt it is up to HD-DVD or BluRay standards as I was hoping...what is the resolution you can view? Does it go all the way up to 1080p with the downloaded stuff?

you have a choice... HD or regular...

Maverick' date='Dec 21 2006, 03:49 PM' post='382874']

yes, but what is the HD resolution available? 1080p?

Not much has actually been converted to 1080p yet...most is still at 720p. I would personally (if you think you'll be a 1080p fanatic) wait until this time next year after movie studios begin to convert all their old film reels to 1080p...it'll take some time, and unfortunately with this medium war raging, I think many studios and publishers are holding off until there is a winner...so the consumers will be the losers for now.