mp3 player...

ephemeral

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaa!

i am so sick of my cd player! every time my body makes an involuntary twitch my cd skips!! it's got antiskip protection of about 0.1 nanosecond, and i hate it! plus everytime i decide i might be able to bear the 'music', it's dead because somehow the hold button came off and it had been playing in my bag for hours...plus i'm just sick of toting my cd's around with me all the time.

so here's the deal. i've got 200$ cash right now, and i'm getting more for my B-day, (january 16) so i really really REALLY want an mp3 player. i'm looking at this one right now, it has all the options i want, and it's WAAAAY better than it's iPod 'counterpart' (if you could even call it that)

Creative Zen Vision:W - found this for 360$ free shipping on amazon

Best price

that is obviously my first choice, but if i end up not being able to afford that, i'll for sure get this one

Creative Zen Vision:M

Best Price

let me know what you guys thinky!

Creative makes a great product, they really do.

My fiance has an older Zen Xtra, and it has held up well, and sounds great. I also agree that they beat the pants off of iPods.

That being said, it depends on what you want. I think that Creative makes the best stand-alone mp3 player on the market....however, there aren't near as many cool gadgets to go along with it (speaker docks and all that)

That's why I went with the Zune. It's quickly developing peripherals, and I like it a lot better than the iPod.

But, like I said, Creative makes the best stand-alone players...

Sandisk's Sensa is also nice, but I still would pick Creative over it any day.

That's my 2 cents

I hate to even say this...b/c I have a creative muvo (which is sturdy as heck, adaptable, and plays all types of formats, and is easy on battery power...favorite one), Sandisk micro (suckiest one), and I have an Apple iPod (cheapest one)...but the iPod nano (new version) is tough as they come, plus battery life is excellent and for $300 you get 20 to 30 GB (not the nano...but you got the $bucks$) and great sound...plus video and podcasts...

GLHF!

60gb zen:m @ buy.com = $275-$20 google checkout savings =$255.

http://www.buy.com/prod/Creative_Zen_Visio.../203246960.html

60gb w @ buy.com = $369 - $20 google checkout = $349

http://www.buy.com/prod/Creative_Zen_Visio.../203118932.html

both have free shipping. both are better than the zune. neither are better than the ipod. sorry.

I disagree completely, the iPod is not all glorious, and quite frankly, both creative products are better than both the Zune AND the iPod....

That's just my opinion, but I find myself deeply dissappointed with the iPod... I mean, it loves to get scratched, it sounds OK, but the equalizer isn't that hot, and the software...well, I hate the software.

All of that is opinion, however, which is why I said to pick the player you like best...they're all good players, but the Creative stuff has more features than the iPod (by a good bit), has easier to use software, and you don't have to wipe it off every 10 seconds 'cause of finger prints.

The iPod has the most accessories....that's the advantage there. You want the creative though, go for it

Quick edit: PS: I love my Zune still...though it was tough for me deciding between those Visions...they are SWEET

Edited by [LaW]Maverick

if i want an mp3 player that does more than play music, i'd bring my laptop. the zune is getting critically destroyed for good reason (e.g. lack of innovation), and i wouldn't trust my underwear to creative's warranty/customer support.

:D

if i want an mp3 player that does more than play music, i'd bring my laptop. the zune is getting critically destroyed for good reason (e.g. lack of innovation), and i wouldn't trust my underwear to creative's warranty/customer support.

:D

lol, it's getting critically destroyed by iPod fan-boys, yes. However, it does everything my brother's iPod does plus a few things here and there.

I was TRYING to avoid a Zune vs. iPod battle because I think people should just pick the player they like best. If you like your iPod best, that great. Though you can't deny that certain players have technical specifications that the iPod does not have. It's on paper and in the units.

For instance, Creative isn't nearly as locked down as the iPod OR the Zune, you can watch more and listen to more with less hassle. You don't have to do creative hacking or work-arounds to watch a movie in MOV or WMA format. So there ya' go. Just an example...again, I stress it, BUY THE PLAYER YOU LIKE BEST...don't listen to fan-boys from EITHER side of the battle :-)

Just don't buy something crappy, that's all