Next math problem.

dragonfly

Here's a much more easy (and fun) math riddle for y'all!

Three men on a business trip needed a hotel room for the night. When they arrive at the hotel, the manager charged them $30 for a room for the 3 of them to share. So they each gave the manager $10 for a total of $30.

Later, the manager realized he had overcharged them by $5 since rooms were only $25, and so he gives $5 to the bellhop to give to the men. On his way, the bellhop decides that since you cant split $5 three ways equally, he'll take out $2 and keep it for himself, returning only $3 to the men.

Now, each men had paid $10, minus the $1 they each got back, making a total of $9 each. But 3x9=27, plus the $2 the bellhop kept makes $29. Where did the extra dollar go?

I remember this one, but I don't remember the answer.... hang on a sec...

oh ok... I see now, you added the two dollars the bellhop took rather than subtracting it when trying to account for all the money.

you said 3x9 = $27, the bellhop took $2, which is a total of 29.

it should be like this...

3x9 = $27. the bellhop took two, which accounts for all $25.

Here's a much more easy (and fun) math riddle for y'all!

Three men on a business trip needed a hotel room for the night. When they arrive at the hotel, the manager charged them $30 for a room for the 3 of them to share. So they each gave the manager $10 for a total of $30.

Later, the manager realized he had overcharged them by $5 since rooms were only $25, and so he gives $5 to the bellhop to give to the men. On his way, the bellhop decides that since you cant split $5 three ways equally, he'll take out $2 and keep it for himself, returning only $3 to the men.

Now, each men had paid $10, minus the $1 they each got back, making a total of $9 each. But 3x9=27, plus the $2 the bellhop kept makes $29. Where did the extra dollar go?

bah that's simple....Houdini's got it.

• 4 weeks later...