Have anything laying around

Magruter

Anyone have old computer parts laying around? Currently my comp is 4 years old and in really bad shape. Even with a fancy config, i'm still dropping below 10 fps in most parts of the game. It's not enjoyable... Currently i have:

2.53 gz p4

512 ram

9800xt

400w PS

80 gig HD;160 gig HD

Anyone out there have anything better laying around the house collecting dust. Let me know.

Thanks

Anyone have old computer parts laying around? Currently my comp is 4 years old and in really bad shape. Even with a fancy config, i'm still dropping below 10 fps in most parts of the game. It's not enjoyable... Currently i have:

2.53 gz p4

512 ram

9800xt

400w PS

80 gig HD;160 gig HD

Anyone out there have anything better laying around the house collecting dust. Let me know.

Thanks

Well, if you want it, I have an x850xt I may be willing to sell for around $250....but it's PCI-E, and it comes with a bit of a price tag, because apparently they're kinda hard to get now-a-days....good card though....

I have a couple of HDD's laying around as well, and I have at least a gig of ram sitting around, but I 'd need to know what you take...I believe the extra ram I have is PC3200...but it's good RAM DDR.

PM me if you're interested in anything

my suggestion would be to pop over to newegg and grab the x1600pro 512mb video card. It'll run ya around $100 and will seriously boost your performance. Also upgrade your RAM to 1gb. You should be able to find a 512mb stick for around $45 - $50. So for $150 you should boost your PC significantly.

hum that sounds like a good idea! Might have to try that out.

Oh and i'm an idiot.. I thought i had a 9800xt but it was a 9600xt.... I had the wrong drivers installed. It's running a little smoother, but there's still a couple issues.

I'm thinking that its your vid card thats slowing you down.

I have a 1.8 ghz XP, 6600 GT vid card, 1gb of ram and at 1280x1024 I get around 80 to 100 fps with a normal cassies config.

I have a blown out 9500pro you can buy :)

honestly Mag, i think you should invest in a new system completely. and use your left over RAM as an upgrade, your other harddrives in your new system.

so basically get a new mobo, videocard, and processor.

it's pricey but you wont have to constantly upgrade/scrap stuff.

Edited by ShadowDog

Mags, your in the same boat I'm in...I can't upgrade my graphics any more because its AGP based :bang:

I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to buy a whole new system.

You could get away with just buying a new motherboard, processor, graphics card, and RAM. (basically all new internals). Your case and drives will be just about the only things you can keep.