8 Million Dollar Car

Rashad

I dunno...The mere fact that there are such products at such prices certainly casts doubt on the statement that idiots can't be rich.

OF course, there's something to say for the old cliche, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

"...and hence joined with luxurious leather."

or wetsuits.

Edited by Assassinator

• 3 months later...

8 million dollars: In development costs, seems minimal to me for a 1 of a kind. (I wouldn't spend it or buy it, I'd much rather have a garage filled with Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Bentleys and Aston Martins, but when compared with the ammount most other major auto manufacturers spend on "prototypes" or cars of the future....)

When you can get granite interior trim on the regular Maybach, they are something a little unusual.

Whether it's really an intelligent thing for DaimlerChrysler to be spending 8 million on is another matter altogether.

But I'm sure it's more intelligent than the money Ford threw away going into Formula 1 as Jaguar, or:

"The Ford Motor Company obviously never wants to undergo the industry ridicule and shellacking by the automotive press it took after spending an estimated six years and $6 billion developing its world car - the Mondeo/Contour/Mystique."