Old shows

Tek-Almighty

I don't know how many of you will get this...but I was thinking of it yesterday and decided to youtube it.

Back in the late 70s, Japanese shows where hitting the airwaves in the USA and we were seeing cable TV (golly gee!!) for the first time...and btw for those of you younger than late 20s and early 30s we used to not have teh internets or cable or satellite back then...

anyways...my youth was shaped by these shows...and I can remember a whole slew of formative moments and burned-in memories of shows and theme songs...here are some of the shows that I will never forget, and despite advances and directTV and HDTV and all that...will never be bettered (in my opinion)...they make me happy:

The Six Million Dollar Man

Spectreman

Space Giants

Ultraman

Wonderwoman

Captain Kangaroo

Electric Company

The list goes on...

You guys remember any of these? You got any favorites?

Edited by Tek-Almighty

clearly lies.

I didn't really watch tv as a child usually...at least not until I hit about 11 or 12...before that I was a very active outdoors kid. I remember none of these television shows...but Gargoyles was hardcore awesomes.

What was the show with the family got zapped back into prehistoric times with the dinosaurs, caves, sleastacks and creepy dudes with big eyes? Land of the Lost?

HR Puffnstuff and all of the Pink Panther/Inspector Cleuseau (sp?) cartoons.

Yep I used to watch almost all of those.. Electric Company and Captain Kangaroo every morning, then Rocky and Bullwinkle.. I used to like The Great Space Coaster as well..

I may have gone a whole summer singing the theme to BJ Mcay and also The Fall Guy..

What was the show with the family got zapped back into prehistoric times with the dinosaurs, caves, sleastacks and creepy dudes with big eyes? Land of the Lost?

I LOVED that show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_the_L...91_TV_series%29

Was "Dinosaurs" the show where they were humans in suits to look like dinosaurs wearing human clothing? The one where the baby dinosaur always hit the dad on the head and said "NOT THE MAMA!"?

I LOVED that show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_the_L...91_TV_series%29

Was "Dinosaurs" the show where they were humans in suits to look like dinosaurs wearing human clothing? The one where the baby dinosaur always hit the dad on the head and said "NOT THE MAMA!"?

And there was like a TV show of a scientist guy and a little kid assistant, and every time he would get blown up or something and the scientist guy say" We need another Timmy" or something like that?