Harddisk cleaner/reformat and free cd burning software

Depending on your drive: WD makes a boot disk utility that will serious erase the HDD...it writes 0s to the entire drive all partitions.

Seagate makes one too i believe.

As far as a good cleaner of windows accumulated junk, there is CrapCleaner (or CCleaner) it is great for getting rid of dust...

Regedit is good for cleaning out unused registry entires...

CD burner XP is a great utility...!

Depending on your drive: WD makes a boot disk utility that will serious erase the HDD...it writes 0s to the entire drive all partitions.

Seagate makes one too i believe.

That's why I suggested DBAN: It will work with any hard drive, and it isn't limited to just wiping with 0s. I know there's a DoD wipe on there and a Guttman wipe, among others.

Again, though, wiping's not for the faint of heart...That takes a long time and is probably not necessary if you are retaining the HD.

well the best way to wipe is when you boot from your XP disc, just do a format. Or create an MS-DOS boot disc, boot your comp off the A: drive and type. format c: /s

and there are these really neat things out there called torrents. There are many sites such as piratebay.org, torrentspy.com, isohunt.com that alows you to search for them. I bet you can find burning software there.