No more internet

TheGeek

Time to start taking up console gaming :P

take care with no internet.

lol, get net zero :D

I guess thats your way of you telling me that you hate me :biglaugha:

I'm going to mostly playing some RTS's and FEAR. Shield me from the girly.... :twitch:

my comcast formerly roadrunner... it's wigging out on me. lol called them up and now my connection is worse! they won't be out until next friday morning T_T. My modem is toying with me blinking the online connection light at me.

So i guess it's time to hit the console games for a bit.

get discomcast

• 2 weeks later...

So cable guy came over and well... he says the reason why my connect might be bad is because my direct tv line is being shared with the cable line... yeah there's a splitter out there to run direct tv through out my house, BUT that does not explain why everything is peachy keen when the sun is up and as soon as it is traffic time for internet usage my modem goes wack.

I dunno he says i need to get direct tv to run new lines. Yeah I understand that I probably should have a dedicated line for internet but that my main problem? I don't want rewiring the whole house and have the same problem. what do you guys think?

So cable guy came over and well... he says the reason why my connect might be bad is because my direct tv line is being shared with the cable line... yeah there's a splitter out there to run direct tv through out my house, BUT that does not explain why everything is peachy keen when the sun is up and as soon as it is traffic time for internet usage my modem goes wack.

I dunno he says i need to get direct tv to run new lines. Yeah I understand that I probably should have a dedicated line for internet but that my main problem? I don't want rewiring the whole house and have the same problem. what do you guys think?

I think you should have told him that HE has to run new lines for Comcast and not make his client/customer mess around with some other jackalope who's just going to tell you that you need to get Comcast to run new lines. Both companies will point the finger at eachother, you need to grab the first finger you see and break it.

So cable guy came over and well... he says I dunno he says i need to get direct tv to run new lines. Yeah I understand that I probably should have a dedicated line for internet but that my main problem? I don't want rewiring the whole house and have the same problem. what do you guys think?

I think you should have told him that HE has to run new lines for Comcast and not make his client/customer mess around with some other jackalope who's just going to tell you that you need to get Comcast to run new lines. Both companies will point the finger at eachother, you need to grab the first finger you see and break it.

I'd have to go with 'mo on this...Especially if he's got one cable for Internet and DirectTV has who knows how many cables for televisions. OF course, neither company is likely to do that for free for you, unless you pay for the in-house wire warranty (I know that's how Charter cable does it here, and I understand DirectTV is the same way).

That's not stopping you from running your OWN cable, though...Not too expensive, and you can eliminate that as an issue.

A simpler thing to do, however, would be to check the splitter. Make sure it's rated for at least 1 GHz. If not, bug the cable guy to give you one (they hand them out like candy around here) or go to your local Radio Shock and see if they have any 1 GHz splitters around.

This won't solve the issue of you simply sharing cable with too many bandwidth hogs (that's a cable Internet infrastructure issue) but it's possible that there are technical issues preventing you from getting everything you can out of your line, and if you can do that it might alleviate some of your bottleneck.

GL