Rap is crap

Guest ZDamage

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Rap and violence

I have never liked rap and it is this criminal mentality that rap will always have a negative image. Who wants to listen to such unintelligent hatred of law and order? Who wants to hear the word nigga 18 times in a song yet call a white guy a racist because he says it. You say it.. so what is the point? I do not get it and really do not care to. These rappers are usually from the ghetto and one said himself that he needs to stick to his ghetto roots. If you are good enough to get out of the ghetto and move up, act like it. Stop acting like a thug.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh...no...you got me started now...

Look at what you wrote and then look at the article...You have to understand that its just another type of music. In the article, they point out a few rappers past and present, showing the hardships that happened and that they might have brought it on themselves. You are just flat out putting the rap culture and throwing it in the sewers. Hey, I like Rap, I don't listen to much else...Its realism...things you don't know about and Rappers like to talk about and tell the world. Do you honestly know how it is like in the Ghetto? Have you ever been shot at, BEFORE your career began?

Also, the word "nigga" is used between the culture. They don't like 'whites' saying it, because of OUR past. Its what we used to call them that makes it worse.

Unintelligent hatred? Ha, some of the best music and lyrics sit inside of Rappers songs. Most speak the truth...So what if they move up and still act like a person from the ghetto. Do you honestly see, TrickDaddy for example, running around in a Tux and going to every award contest. They stick to that because they grew up like that. As for Rapping influence on others, read any Psychology book, it is stated that "You make who you are." Nobody is made to listen. Thats a person's choice...So don't give me a bunch of crap about rap...I can go on to some other issues too...but im tired.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Raven, these guys are acting like punks and thugs as though they are still in the ghetto. They should improve the image and their music and then people's opinions of them will improve. The idea that rap has to be about ghetto life and about violence and calling women whores and drug use to be "rap" is bs. Run DMC was not like that and they revolutionized rap. Will Smith is really good at rap and he is nothing like that. The idea that rap has to be that "street rap" to be "rap" is nonsense and anyone who has ever listened to rap from past to present know it has turned into crap.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
They should improve the image and their music and then people's opinions of them will improve.

I don't think that they really need to care about what people think of them. Plus, they're selling millions, making an easy living off of what they do - I think there are plenty of people pleased with what they are presently doing.

Listen to the lyrics - learn the lyrics - don't just hear them or look for these words you find so hateful. Listen to what the song is saying, not what you think rap is trying to say. If you can't stand listening to rap, go to some lyric site and read them - it will surprise you. Know what you criticize before you do so - and know it well.

i agree totaly tape. they dont care what you think of them ZD cause they have many more people that do like them and buy their music. Change their image to what? "normal" they have there image so they have no need to change it to fit to some social norm.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

I do read their lyrics and it is trash. And yes, they are living well on selling their trash and hatred to kids who have parents that do not care what their kids listen to. I tried to listen to rap when i went into the navy. I read the lyrics and tried to make sense of what was being said between the "Ho's" and "witches" and "M-fers" and drug referrences and didn't find a damn thing positive about it. They bring the bad "rap" upon themselves.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
I read the lyrics and tried to make sense of what was being said between the "Ho's" and "witches" and "M-fers" and drug referrences and didn't find a damn thing positive about it.

post up some lyrics/examples and we'll see what we can do with it.

blackalicious - alphabet aerobics :=

(Now it's time for our wrap up

Let's give it everything we've got

Ready? Begin)

Artificial amateurs, aren't at all amazing

Analytically, I assault, animate things

Broken barriers bounded by the bomb beat

Buildings are broken, basically I'm bombarding

Casually create catastrophes, casualties

Cancelling cats got their canopies collapsing

Detonate a dime of dank daily doin dough

Demonstrations, Don Dada on the down low

Eatin other editors with each and every energetic

Epileptic episode, elevated etiquette

Furious fat fabulous fantastic

Flurries of funk felt feeding the fanatics

Gift got great global goods gone glorious

Gettin godly in his game with the goriest

Hit em high, hella height, historical

Hey holocaust hints hear 'em holler at your homeboy

Imitators idolize, I intimidate

In a instant, I'll rise in a irate state

Juiced on my jams like jheri curls jockin joints

Justly, it's just me, writin my journals

Kindly I'm kindling all kinds of ink on

Karate kick type brits in my kingdom

Let me live a long life, lyrically lessons is

Learned lame louses just lose to my livery

My mind makes marvelous moves, masses

Marvel and move, many mock what I've mastered

Niggas nap knowin I'm nice naturally

Knack, never lack, make noise nationally

Operation, opposition, off, not optional

Out of sight, out of mind, wide beaming opticals

Perfected poem, powerful punchlines

Pummelling petty powder puffs in my prime

Quite quaint quotes keep quiet it's Quannum

Quarrelers ain't got a quarter of what we got uh

Really raw raps, risin up rapidly

Riding the rushing radioactivity

Super scientifical sound search sought

Silencing super fire saps that are soft

Tales ten times talented, too tough

Take that, challengers, get a tune up

Universal, unique untouched

Unadulterated, the raw uncut

Verb vice lord victorious valid

Violate vibes that are vain make em vanished

? well would a wise wordsmith just

Weaving up words weeded up, I'm a workshift

Xerox, my X-ray-diation holes extra large

X-height letters, and xylophone tones

Yellow back, yak mouth, young ones yaws

Yesterday's lawn yards sell our (yawn?)

Zig zag zombies, zoomin to the zenith

Zero in zen thoughts, overzealous rhyme ZEA-LOTS!....

(good....can you say it faster?)

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Also, the word "nigga" is used between the culture. They don't like 'whites' saying it, because of OUR past. Its what we used to call them that makes it worse.  -- Raven

BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

sorry I always find it overly hysterical when ppl say things like this.

I myself don't HAVE a "past" with using that word. I also never "used to" call them anything worse. Don't blame me for what some white idiots did to some black ppl in the past. I had nothing to do with it and just because I might be related to them doesn't mean a thing. Heck I'm directly related to the Wright brothers but I don't get any royalties anytime someone hops on a plane.

<_< ...come to think of it...

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
damn

Don't need to get language out of hand <_< *PURIFY*

I agree with cane - post up some lyrics of some decent rap instead of bashing it all in general - or, if you'd rather, I'm sure we can bring some lyrics of our choice rap songs.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
Don't blame me for what some white idiots did to some black ppl in the past.

Some? Yeah right... just some... we can only wish it was on such small proportions <_<

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
Who buys these albums? :huh:

People - those who keep saying generalizing groups of people who they think buy the <_< Need to realize all generalizations are false.

A friend of mine who sells music CDs holds firm to selling rap CDs to mainly 25-35 year old white men in business suits though :blink:

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
selling rap CDs to mainly 25-35 year old white men in business suits though

yeah, in a all white neighborhood. And how many sales is that? 2? Funny though.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
post up some lyrics/examples and we'll see what we can do with it.

^ x2

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Zero, I really think that you underestimate the drawing power of all Urban music. I know plenty of people who you'd never think listen to rap. And I'm sure a lot of them are 20-35 year old white males that wear suits to work.

Also, the fact that you are so outraged over the lyrics... well, thats what most rap is about. The lyrics are supposed to draw up some sort of emotion in you. As the background is usually just beats, the lyrics make rap music what it is. Its not like other genres where they can blow off the lyrics (and most pop/rock bands nowadays do) and have a catchy tune..

But yeah, post up some of the senseless lyrics you're talking about, and I can match them with two or three songs each that have an actual message that isn't hate or violence or sex...

I am going to have to agree with ZeroDamage, and Playaa here. Where do they get the right to go around calling each other "nigga" and then when you say something like, "Some people are uncomfortable with you saying that" they get all defensive and blame ME for what the masses did so long ago. I can't imagine why anyone would link me with a racist, I am completely the opposite. I just dont understand why, when a black person is treated any different then what they feel they deserve it is automatically racism. It is bullcrap, the majority of the people that call me racist are actually the racist! The other night I had a black lady come into Electronics at Wal-Mart and ask for 50-Cent, I told her, "Sorry ma'am we dont have that right now" and she told me that she would never shop at Wal-Mart again because we didnt have the CD she wanted, and she said "you people neva carry anything that has black people in it" and then I said "Sorry" again, and she told me to shut up and then called me a racist. I didnt treat her any different than a normal customer, yet I get called the racist. Another time someone told me I was racist because I wouldn't borrow them any money, when in reality I had never met the person who was asking me for the money. I told them I only loan money to people I consider friends, and she called me a racist. Personally I think alot of the black people need to understand that they cant continue to blame us for what our ancestors did, and this has a different affect for me because my ancesters actually helped them escape via the Underground Railroad.

If only they wern't so oblivious to the fact that not everyone had anything to do with slavery.

Just my "50-Cent",

Gunny

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

gunman, that is called reverse racism. The civil rights movement was initially for equallity, but that has been perverted since then. Now it is about money and discrimination against whites. One of the dudes at my work is a classic example of how stuid affirmative action is.

Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guests

yeah just because someone raps about how much of a gansta they are, doesnt mean anything about how they really are, some guys like Ja Rule rap like they are real gangsta, but they arent at all, and whats so bad about that, some rappers actually have to act gangsta, because thats the way they are, they grew up in ghettos and they still are living in the ghetto, and they are part of the gangs and things that they rap about, and not all rap songs are just about bein a gangsta, if you knew anythiing other than mainstream rap, which mostly isnt that good, then you would know that probably only %15 of songs are about being a gansta, so know what you are talking about before you start dissing things

Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guests
I am going to have to agree with ZeroDamage, and Playaa here. Where do they get the right to go around calling each other "nigga" and then when you say something like, "Some people are uncomfortable with you saying that" they get all defensive and blame ME for what the masses did so long ago. I can't imagine why anyone would link me with a racist

gun, you shouldn't be the one that feels uncomfortable when a black persons says that to another one, its the demeaning word that OUR ancestors gave to theirs, and when they use it with eachother, why should you feel uncomfortable? Shame perhaps? if not it should be.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

If you think racism is dead, you are sadly mistaken. Blacks are not paranoid and pointing fingers at anybody, calling them a racist just because they want to be mean or demean others. They live with racism everyday - be it as blatant as people calling them racial slurs or closet racists who are not quite so obvious about it. You don't know what it's like to be black - you don't know what it's like to have a history like theirs - don't pretend you do or think know what it's like.

Dude tape. Save the last dance: Black guy teaches white girl to dance black. If I made a movie that had a white guy teach a black girl how to dance white, I'd probably be raped and mauled by anti-racist groups. But ZD, none of the people on here (rap likers) give a rat's left ball what you're saying. Just ignore it. Sure, little kids will become stupider and stupider, and those white boys will become blacker and blacker, but wouldn't that make the financial market open widely for the few smart ones? I mean, I could invent words and little white kids will hump and sing those words for eternity. MONEY! POWER! WORLD DOMINATION!