Some constructive criticism

ZeroDamage

I do not know what was going on tonight but it was absolutely not called for. If you are an admin and are having a bad day, do not take it out on people in the server.

I also do not expect certain clans to get away with trashing other people but that was allowed. I've seen a particular clan get away with dropping the F-bombs over and over without so much as a kick yet I join the T on Italy since they were losing and I get a kick for team stacking. I joined T in the beginning because they were being stacked again 9 vs 12 with all the talented players on CT. Since my ISP keeps losing sync, I have to rejoin and typically go back to the team that I was on. Snide public remarks being made in order to ridicule me is unnecessary. You can easily ask me to join the other side, I may not be paying attention between all my DSL disconnects.

I understand I am probably the least liked person here and that is fine. I would rather you IM me or something now and tell me to go fly a kite then deal with this again.

Guest ash
Guest ash
Guest ash
Guests
(edited)

Apparently, someone takes pleasure in using their admin status to be a big meanie. It's not the first time and it certainly won't be the last. Any other sensible person would have talked to you first ZD but instead you got kicked, insulted, and made to look like a fool for criticizing such garbage. I don't support this kind of behavior from admins and I don't think the players do either.

Edited by ash

it doesn't do any good to dance around the issue. who was the admin, and what EXACTLY was said?

I am not calling out names in public. I will gladly IM info to whoever. I posted this so you gc guys can take it to your private forums.

I got there late, but I think lunk was the admin that kicked him for joining the winning T side.

The F-Bomb clan comment was directed toward me I believe.

Zero was autoed ct side and complained about it, I came on the mic and said, "stop complaining zippy(his alias at the time) steam autoed the teams not an admin" then he went on a huge rant on the mic i mostly didnt listen too, something about lunk kicking him. then I came on the mic and said something to the effect of "wahhhhhh wahhhhhh cry about it more."

he then responded with "wow another xt donkey being an donkey" obviously donkey wasnt the word used, so I kicked him

I'm a little drunk (happy Patriots' Day everyone!), so after spending quite a while typing on this and then losing my train of thought I'm going to put it plainly. I wasn't there, and I don't know anything more than (1) you got kicked, apparently for your choice of team, and (2) you got kicked again, apparently for something on voice-comm.

You probably shouldn't've been kicked for making teams 14x12. Maybe I'm biased, since I'm the one who set mp_limitteams to 3 to let people stack on the losing side. I really doubt if Lunk is trying to make himself feel better about a rough day by kicking you. You were under an alias, so as far as anyone can see you're just some pubstar joining the team that already has more players. I am not going to say that admins shouldn't kick for that in general, even though I do believe that you were not trying to stack teams. I don't think Lunk is going to apologize for incorrectly guessing that you were stacking teams, and I don't think he should. The downside to playing on a server where admins are going to toss players who cause problems is that admins are not always going to wait for something to become a problem to react to it, and sometimes they're going to be wrong. I've kicked people I shouldn't have kicked and I've let people keep playing whom I should've kicked; it's tough but that's just the way it goes. Everyone does make mistakes, and if you can't deal with that then yes, go find a deserted beach and fly a kite.

I got there late, but I think lunk was the admin that kicked him for joining the winning T side.

Zero was autoed ct side and complained about it, I came on the mic and said, "stop complaining zippy(his alias at the time) steam autoed the teams not an admin" then he went on a huge rant on the mic i mostly didnt listen too, something about lunk kicking him. then I came on the mic and said something to the effect of "wahhhhhh wahhhhhh cry about it more."

he then responded with "wow another xt donkey being an donkey" obviously donkey wasnt the word used, so I kicked him

That would be a nice story if it were true.

1. It was not a huge rant, I explained why I was on T. I was on T from the beginning and got disconnected multiple times.

My so called rant had nothing to do with being autoed. It is for being kicked without warning after dealing with my DSL issues then being chastised for joining the T side as though it is typical of me to stack teams which it is not.

2. It is comforting to know that you as an admin were being disrespectful to another player. It would be nice if you told the truth as to what you said to me.

"Wah, stop whining you little baby."

3. F-bomb comment had nothing to do with you. It has to do with a pattern of a few xT members on the MIC getting passes for their language by multiple admins. Obviously it is ok because you can treat others like crap on the mic too then kick them when they respond.

Mookie: Lunk knew who I was. I changed my name in there and he referred to me (zd) when he called me out.

Perhaps no one should apologize to anyone Mookie. Perhaps the poor treatment can continue because I am not the only one. You want to know why this affects you and all of gc? I was going to drop $50 for a reserve slot; I do not see myself paying $50 for that kind of treatment. I can find better ways to spend 50 bucks and avoid the abuse and poor treatment.

don't try to sign yourself up as a martyr.

"I understand I am probably the least liked person here and that is fine."

you've had, what, 3 strikes already before this? your reputation precedes you. any action, particularly from any admin that goes back as far as you do, would reasonably consider your priors before making any statement. incidentally, your personnel file was reopened and moved to our watch list on 4/1. "his attitude ingame is a buzzkill. if he's not complaining about bad registration, he's complaining about something" were my words.

Guest ash
Guest ash
Guest ash
Guests
(edited)

1. It was not a huge rant, I explained why I was on T. I was on T from the beginning and got disconnected multiple times.

My so called rant had nothing to do with being autoed. It is for being kicked without warning after dealing with my DSL issues then being chastised for joining the T side as though it is typical of me to stack teams which it is not.

2. It is comforting to know that you as an admin were being disrespectful to another player. It would be nice if you told the truth as to what you said to me.

3. F-bomb comment had nothing to do with you. It has to do with a pattern of a few xT members on the MIC getting passes for their language by multiple admins. Obviously it is ok because you can treat others like crap on the mic too then kick them when they respond.

Mookie: Lunk knew who I was. I changed my name in there and he referred to me (zd) when he called me out.

Perhaps no one should apologize to anyone Mookie. Perhaps the poor treatment can continue because I am not the only one. You want to know why this affects you and all of gc? I was going to drop $50 for a reserve slot; I do not see myself paying $50 for that kind of treatment. I can find better ways to spend 50 bucks and avoid the abuse and poor treatment.

ZD is right and everyone is else wrong. I was there and I saw Lunk act like a total jerk and kick ZD. He could have just kindly asked him to switch teams like most other admins would have but he did not. Instead, he insulted ZD and booted ZD. Of course ZD came back angry because he was booted and of course this was in Lunks best interest to anger ZD so he can do or say something to get himself booted/banned.

I have also seen Lunk retaliate and TK people who accidentaly shot him, swear on the mic, give nasty insults to players for minor things, boot people for minor things when other admins would send a message instead, and of course kill hosties purposely. All of these are against GC rules and standards for all players and admins. Of course, Lunk has free reign to destroy GC as much as he wants.

Why this kind of behavior is allowed for Lunk is beyond me. The fact of the matter is that GC is losing players and servers, we don't need fascist admins. One rotten apple admin is definitely going to spoil it for everyone else unless someone "grows a pair" and stops these abuses.

I too was thinking of throwing down $50 way back when but I changed my mind when I saw how much of a jerk Lunk was. You can thank Lunk for missing out on $100 from me and ZD to pay for your only remaining server. If anyone else disagrees with an admin breaking rules and standards that you have to pay to follow everyday, then I advise you to stop paying your dues. I really do like GC but this double standard crap has to stop.

Edited by ash

1. Like I said before, I didn't listen to the rant on the mic, just heard alot of whining

2. Whats the diff between "Wah, stop whining you little baby." and "wahhhhhh wahhhhhh cry about it more." lol yes I made fun of you over the mic for crying about what happened. Never said I didn't

3. Well technically it has something to do with me, its my clan. If I would hear an xt swear on the mic, I would of kicked them. Sorry that some admins feel scared to do so.

I dont see how I poorly treated you. You cried, i made fun of you for it, you swore back at me, I kicked you. How is that not the story?

Like I said before I came into the server right as you got switched to ct, I know nothing about what happened before that.

Lastly if your gonna base your last 2 months being back on lunk kicking you thinking you were stacking the teams, i might chuckle. Youve been around longer than I have, I have had my arguments with lunk but there little and things go back to normal right away. Everyone knows Lunk is one of the stricter admins, you know it, I know it, ash knows it. We have had people complain recently alot that GC isnt like it used to be as far as being clean, if everyone followed lunks ban stick, you could eat dinner off of this servers floor it would be so clean.

Ash, i'm not getting involved with this, but i will say one things. Money issues aren't an issue. We didn't go to one server because we couldn't afford the second. It was only $30 bucks extra a month, we went to one. In hopes to bring everything back together. If you choose not to join thats your choice. Honestly i'd like to see you in GC your deagle is a force. Heck yesterday i watch you take out 6 guys with 2 clips.. Anyways. Let's not turn this thread into a flame war.

of course this was in Lunks best interest to anger ZD so he can do or say something to get himself booted/banned.

I was the one arguing with ZD on the mic and I was the one that kicked him, but of course you were there and your trying to give a full non-biased report

You have had it out for lunk for a long time, I could prolly find 2-3 topics against him by you. Yes he is strict, and as soon as he makes possibly a little too strict of a call, your the first one to the boards to let us know about it

I like playing with you ash, but im just pointing out what I see.

Guest ash
Guest ash
Guest ash
Guests
Everyone knows Lunk is one of the stricter admins, you know it, I know it, ash knows it. We have had people complain recently alot that GC isnt like it used to be as far as being clean, if everyone followed lunks ban stick, you could eat dinner off of this servers floor it would be so clean.

strict /strɪkt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[strikt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective, -er, -est.

1. characterized by or acting in close conformity to requirements or principles: a strict observance of rituals.

2. stringent or exacting in or in enforcing rules, requirements, obligations, etc.: strict laws; a strict judge.

I don't understand how retaliating against TK'ers, purposely killing hostages, or insulting players qualifies as enforcing the rules. If everyone followed lunks ban stick, GC would be filled with bots 24/7 and that's the truth. I've been in servers like that in the past. They don't exactly attract a crowd.

It's understandable that admins have to enforce the rules but when they start breaking their own rules and enforcing them beyond what all other admins would do, then we have a problem. I can guarantee you that a brand new admin would not get off the hook so easily for this.

I don't understand how retaliating against TK'ers, purposely killing hostages, or insulting players qualifies as enforcing the rules.

Like I said, your jumping on the bandwagon here, this topic is for 1 incident that happened last night, lets not bring your last 3 topics against lunk into this.

I can guarantee you that a brand new admin would not get off the hook so easily for this.

How do you know anyones getting off the hook or getting punishment or just getting talked too about the incident? You dont, lots of things happen behind the scenes that you dont see, you think we wanna come out in a public forum and reprimand our admins? Thats just stupid to think we would publicly do anything of the sort.

And yes senior admins should get more leeway imo for incidents, they have been with us this long and you dont see our servers full of bots 24/7

BTW dictionary responses are not necessary

Also Zero, you havent been the perfect saint like you wanna be portrayed. You have said lots on the mic needing a ban, not to mention if you wanna go by the book look at all your names that to me are trying to bypass the filter.

Frackin Register

Fracking Toaster

Frackin Straw cups

Frackin Register

and just one I dont like "keep flashing me idiots"

Guest ash
Guest ash
Guest ash
Guests
(edited)
of course this was in Lunks best interest to anger ZD so he can do or say something to get himself booted/banned.

I was the one arguing with ZD on the mic and I was the one that kicked him, but of course you were there and your trying to give a full non-biased report

You have had it out for lunk for a long time, I could prolly find 2-3 topics against him by you. Yes he is strict, and as soon as he makes possibly a little too strict of a call, your the first one to the boards to let us know about it

I like playing with you ash, but im just pointing out what I see.

Actually, I have seen him do tons of bad things day in and day out that would get any other GC'er banned forever but I have never reported it because no one listens. I don't like double standards and I really dislike sadists. It's one thing to run a tight ship but it's another to let the captain sink it on purpose.

Edited by ash

Actually, I have seen him do tons of bad things day in and day out that would get any other GC'er banned forever but I have never reported it because no one listens. I don't like double standards and I really dislike sadists. It's one thing to run a tight ship but it's another to let the captain sink it on purpose.

Ok point taken, if us keeping lunk around will sink our ship, then im gonna be having fun playing cards with lunk on the sea floor. :D

Sorry you feel there are double standards.

Ash, you have given your side of the incident, lets get back on the main topic and not make this a flame fest.

also ash, lets stop posting and lets go deagle each other in retro

Guest ash
Guest ash
Guest ash
Guests
(edited)
I don't understand how retaliating against TK'ers, purposely killing hostages, or insulting players qualifies as enforcing the rules.

Like I said, your jumping on the bandwagon here, this topic is for 1 incident that happened last night, lets not bring your last 3 topics against lunk into this.

I can guarantee you that a brand new admin would not get off the hook so easily for this.

How do you know anyones getting off the hook or getting punishment or just getting talked too about the incident? You dont, lots of things happen behind the scenes that you dont see, you think we wanna come out in a public forum and reprimand our admins? Thats just stupid to think we would publicly do anything of the sort.

And yes senior admins should get more leeway imo for incidents, they have been with us this long and you dont see our servers full of bots 24/7

BTW dictionary responses are not necessary

Also Zero, you havent been the perfect saint like you wanna be portrayed. You have said lots on the mic needing a ban, not to mention if you wanna go by the book look at all your names that to me are trying to bypass the filter.

Frackin Register

Fracking Toaster

Frackin Straw cups

Frackin Register

and just one I dont like "keep flashing me idiots"

This topic is about a person who expects us to follow the rules while he breaks them whenever he wants. Whether it was 1 incident last night or a long time ago makes no difference. As long as you guys do nothing, these threads will keep popping up.

I already know lunk is getting off the hook. He could go into the server right now and slowhack everyones config.cfg and you guys would still defend him. I think you SHOULD come out in a public forum and reprimand your admins. If the players have to goto the banned forums to make amends then the admins should do the same in a forum where everyone can see.

If the admins can't admit and apologize in a public forum to the bad things they do to the PLAYERS then the players shouldn't either.

Edited by ash

(edited)

1st This is none of my buisness

I really should stick with the first however. I LOVE GC! I LOVE ZD! I LOVE LUNK!

In the past I have gone on rants but they have heard me out and when I probably should have been ignored for the rest of my VI career VI4LIFE btw

they have had patience with me. The way I look at this is as a brotherhood not as cool as VI but almost. Yes I have had problems about how I have felt about admin stuff in the past but it is real simple. If you havn't gotten how it works yet your probably not going too and should think about either finding a place where your happy or how to work together. This isn't me saying go away. This is me saying where do we go from here. One of my gripes in the past was GC isnt what it once was. They have made steps in my view and thats all it is my humble view to change that. Stutters made that clear above. Sometimes admins do silly stuff for instance All was playing a little too much with admin last week on GG. It was a lil frustrating but he wasn't trying to ruin peoples fun he was trying to make it fun. Cs should be fun and I went back to my roots lately. The first time I played the great Dweezil "which lord protect him is in the middle of all that shooting at VA tech atm" said to me Richie if your not having fun you need to take a break. I forgot about that somewhere along the line as I am sure we all have. My clan is guilty sometimes of what zero has said. I get irate when Slappy lets his bind go that I know isn't a gc friendly bind then he says oh sorry but some in my clan are not .gc material and hop in to play with there boys. I appreciate sometimes how admins don't fly off the handle about it and I tell them on admin chat not to take it easy on them cus they know better. THEY cant make everyone happy and yes Lunk is Lunk but regardless thats how things work. To be honest in all fairness I have given him many reasons to kick my butt lately and he has held back. So maybe this is a how things has gone for a few in the past. I hope we can work on it somehow though instead of flying kites. BTW Flying kites is a big deal to Afghan children because the Taliban forbade it. So Kite flying is a lil more positive for me :P I have noticed a few waiting for zero to complain but on the other hand you complain sometimes. I like you though and want to continue playing with all of you cus I think you all bring something to my favorite "hideaway from life time" Cs. I hope that some are not offended that I did not stick up for them the way they would like but this is how it is. We are all friends and these Mmmm peeps have provided great game play for years for us all. I know this seams like butt kissing but there are things I dont like sometimes however its pointless to say things especially from an aggressive view. Be back later after I know Dweez is safe.

Edited by Tyranus

I want to make a comparison here.

In a business, when a manager or supervisor makes a mistake. Should an email or memo be sent to everyone to tell them that he made this bad mistake and is a horrible supervisor? No they go up to him personally and talk to him about it. Yes whoever he made a mistake to should receive an apology but im sure from when this post was created till now lunk hasnt even been on the forums.

I feel you will not be satisfied if lunk posts here, you want a public hearing to get lunk revoked of his rights with gc, thats the only way you will be happy imo.

Guest ash
Guest ash
Guest ash
Guests
I want to make a comparison here.

In a business, when a manager or supervisor makes a mistake. Should an email or memo be sent to everyone to tell them that he made this bad mistake and is a horrible supervisor? No they go up to him personally and talk to him about it. Yes whoever he made a mistake to should receive an apology but im sure from when this post was created till now lunk hasnt even been on the forums.

I feel you will not be satisfied if lunk posts here, you want a public hearing to get lunk revoked of his rights with gc, thats the only way you will be happy imo.

The only thing I want is for Lunk to continue acting the way he does so more people can get upset, then everyone will want his rights revoked. :biglaugha:

This is exactly what I expected. M2 rationalizing his hypocrisy in how he treats others then kicks them for responding and john's digging up the dirt is why I knew posting this would be pointless. The status quo is good enough so that is fine. Like I said before, it ultimately is none of my concern since I do not pay for the server. I would be tinkled if I did pay and saw this behavior from two different admins in the same server at the same time.

As for my use of the word Frack. Anyone who watches battle star galactica knows what it is and I am sorry if you do not get the joke. If it is worth using as dirt against me here, then ban the use of it.

Now I've got better things to worry about right now than this considering 20+ people were just killed in the building where I work.

And yet, here you are posting. I'm sorry for what ever just happened in your building... but lets take a lesson from this... Life is harsh... real things happen that can kill... you two are going on and on about a GAME!!! Get over it already... go outside... have a drink... do something. Quite honestly every admin is different... we have the same rules, but we all interpret them at the time of a rule break differently.

M2 came clean about the situation. I tend to agree with him... you aren't going to be happy until Lunk leaves... NOT GONNA HAPPEN. I don't know him personally... but i do know he is part of the GC foundation, and he won't be going anywhere. He belongs here.

So really, I don't understand the ongoing posting of this topic... you guys have made your points... if the Lead Admins feel something should be done about it, they will.

Just my humble lowly admin opinion.