Some constructive criticism

ZeroDamage

it doesn't do any good to dance around the issue. who was the admin, and what EXACTLY was said?

I am not calling out names in public. I will gladly IM info to whoever. I posted this so you gc guys can take it to your private forums.

Why bother posting publicly? Why not IM / PM from the start? I take pride in being as objective as possible and you know it. Why not approach me if your true attention was to get this matter resolved without creating a dramatic pub thread where 20 people can agree/disagree with you? Even better, why not go straight to the source and hash out this misunderstanding 1v1?

ZD, I respect you for the good person you are. You help others out, you are supportive, you help out immensely in the hardware forums. Hell, the only two people's opinions that I watch in hardware is yours and Cujos.

BUT... you have this critical side to you that is corrosive and no matter how good of a person you are in all other areas this aspect cannot and should not be overlooked. You berate others and complain openly when things are not going your way.

Yesterday, you ripped into me because I blocked you on the left side of Italy. Looking back, did you think that was an intentional move? Did you think I was such a novice that it warranted that type of condescending talk? Did you ever entertain the thought that mistakes do happen? Did you even wonder for a minute why I didn't push the issue and rip into you for your less than considerate attitude? Frankly, I was insulted by your comments but chose to let it go at the time. Since we're calling people out on their faults, I've changed my mind and expect an apology. Your words were uncalled for and inappropriate.

Since your return, 3 admins have posted about you and your behavior. You've been getting so many breaks that I've posted for admins NOT to hestitate with you, yet ironically you feel you are being singled out and held to a higher standard. My first thought was, "Why should I have to tell admins not to hesitate? Why is his complaining being tolerated?" IMO, it's due to your tenure and the respect you've earned over the years, but that doesn't make matters right.

Chronogically through this thread:

I understand I am probably the least liked person here and that is fine. I would rather you IM me or something now and tell me to go fly a kite then deal with this again.
I agree, I don't want to go through this again either. Please find another server. This is the fourth time we've gone through this with you. I'm a big fan of learning from history so let's learn.

Perhaps no one should apologize to anyone Mookie. Perhaps the poor treatment can continue because I am not the only one. You want to know why this affects you and all of gc? I was going to drop $50 for a reserve slot; I do not see myself paying $50 for that kind of treatment. I can find better ways to spend 50 bucks and avoid the abuse and poor treatment.

Keep the $50. I'll be first in line to deny the request.

This is exactly what I expected. M2 rationalizing his hypocrisy in how he treats others then kicks them for responding and john's digging up the dirt is why I knew posting this would be pointless. The status quo is good enough so that is fine. Like I said before, it ultimately is none of my concern since I do not pay for the server. I would be tinkled if I did pay and saw this behavior from two different admins in the same server at the same time.

As for my use of the word Frack. Anyone who watches battle star galactica knows what it is and I am sorry if you do not get the joke. If it is worth using as dirt against me here, then ban the use of it.

Now I've got better things to worry about right now than this considering 20+ people were just killed in the building where I work.

*You of all people are not in a position to judge on hypocrisy. You berate, yet complain when others berate you. As far as John is concerned, he is providing reference since you like to sidestep. This first paragraph IS a sidestep... please start another thread regarding M2 and John's and keep to the topic at hand.

*WHY WOULD YOU POST IF YOU KNEW IT WAS POINTLESS?

*I agree with you. You do not pay for the server, nor would I ask you to help pay for it.

*You are the most inconsistent person I've seen in a while. Some days you are a blast to play with and other days you're a pain. Knowing this, how can you judge someone else as being inconsistent?

Frack- that was a nice blast from the past... hit me like a ton of bricks. TY. As to your use, it's not the word, but the context. It's whining. What point are you trying to prove by saying your shots don't register, your lag is unacceptable or whatever else is your issue for the day? Why do you feel the need to tell the world you are a great player but you've been wronged due to shots not registering? Who are you trying to convince??

Please don't give sarcastic ultimatums in an attempt to control the conversation. Per your request, I will ban you for using it in the form of a complaint or any other derogatory manner.

As far as the shootings, it's a sad day and my heart goes out to all of the families involved. I'm sorry if there are people you know involved in this tragedy. Additionally, you should be ashamed of yourself for using such a grave situation to deflect from this conversation.

Actually, I have seen him do tons of bad things day in and day out that would get any other GC'er banned forever but I have never reported it because no one listens. I don't like double standards and I really dislike sadists. It's one thing to run a tight ship but it's another to let the captain sink it on purpose.

Where is your post or PM on how you've been wronged? And don't you dare say, "it wouldn't do any good" because that's a personal insult towards me.

At least ZD has the courage to address his issues. You're simply riding his coattails to further your own case against Lunk or whomever else you're holding a grudge against.

I'll extend the same courtesy to you. You give me hard facts (console conversations, screenshots, demos,etc) of how Lunk or any other admin has wronged you and I will personally follow through with it to the end point of notifying you of the results.

You think this is some collection of guys on a power trip or, worse, on a witch hunt for you?? It's a group of guys with limited time that don't want to deal with all the b.s.

Lunk's patience is shorter than mine. News flash, there's your admin inconsistency.

There is no conspiracy theory, no master plan to take over the CSS world and no financial pyramid scheme trying to milk everyone so that a select few can live on an island.

I want to jump on a server and play, not admin. I want to point out that Ty wears heels, Preacher wears skirts and make fun of M2 when he gets knifed.

Prove your point, let it go or move on. No matter your choice, no more accusations or digs without facts.

ZD's issue is being constructively managed via PM. It is pending.

TY ZD.

Guest ash
Guest ash
Guest ash
Guests
Actually, I have seen him do tons of bad things day in and day out that would get any other GC'er banned forever but I have never reported it because no one listens. I don't like double standards and I really dislike sadists. It's one thing to run a tight ship but it's another to let the captain sink it on purpose.

Where is your post or PM on how you've been wronged? And don't you dare say, "it wouldn't do any good" because that's a personal insult towards me.

At least ZD has the courage to address his issues. You're simply riding his coattails to further your own case against Lunk or whomever else you're holding a grudge against.

I'll extend the same courtesy to you. You give me hard facts (console conversations, screenshots, demos,etc) of how Lunk or any other admin has wronged you and I will personally follow through with it to the end point of notifying you of the results.

You think this is some collection of guys on a power trip or, worse, on a witch hunt for you?? It's a group of guys with limited time that don't want to deal with all the b.s.

Lunk's patience is shorter than mine. News flash, there's your admin inconsistency.

There is no conspiracy theory, no master plan to take over the CSS world and no financial pyramid scheme trying to milk everyone so that a select few can live on an island.

I want to jump on a server and play, not admin. I want to point out that Ty wears heels, Preacher wears skirts and make fun of M2 when he gets knifed.

Prove your point, let it go or move on. No matter your choice, no more accusations or digs without facts.

ZD's issue is being constructively managed via PM. It is pending.

TY ZD.

Prove what point? Lunk booted me for supposedly killing hostages yet when he does it and I post video proof here in these forums you and everyone else does nothing but joke about it. I have already given proof once and no one cared so I have no reason to report any further incidents because the response will be exactly the same.

So really, it's a personal insult towards me to say that you will "follow through with it" because the issue has already been looked at and the result was that no one cared if Lunk broke rules or not. If you can do something about it fine, if not, then please don't say that you can. That's all I have to say.

I have no idea why there is such a commotion about all this. I do not know about some of you, but I play the game to have fun. Why are people getting all worked up over such minor trifles? This person talked down to me, this guy kicked me, he insulted me, blah blah blah. This is a comunity of individuals. There will always be personality conflicts, and with any comunity there is a heirarchy, whether intended or not. There will always be conflicts with those in a positions higher than you. But, thats life. You earn respect by your actions, not just because you showed up. If someone is being insulting, you have three choices. Shrug it off, because what does it really matter what someone else who has no real power over you thinks. Two, you could talk to that person in a civil way and try to find out what the issue is, or at least find your boundries so you can keep your distance. Or three, have a pout fit and risk loosing what ever respect others had for you. Unfortunatly ZD, you originally chose option 3, however, it seems you have decided to go with option 2, so well done my friend. Just remember option 1 and 2 next time heh :). Option 3 blows.

Shaftiel

Prove what point? Lunk booted me for supposedly killing hostages yet when he does it and I post video proof here in these forums you and everyone else does nothing but joke about it. I have already given proof once and no one cared so I have no reason to report any further incidents because the response will be exactly the same.

So really, it's a personal insult towards me to say that you will "follow through with it" because the issue has already been looked at and the result was that no one cared if Lunk broke rules or not. If you can do something about it fine, if not, then please don't say that you can. That's all I have to say.

Deja vu...

I asked you for facts. You can't even follow simple requests.

Yes, you did post. Here is the link.

This thread contains no video proof.

This thread contains no jokes from me.

I received no PM from you asking to review your matter.

I've read nothing about how you've approached anyone else to resolve matters.

You just gave up...well, until someone else had a complaint which gave you another soapbox.

I have already given proof once and no one cared so I have no reason to report any further incidents because the response will be exactly the same.
This is your logic? Seriously? You know for a fact the responses will be exactly the same?

We've been down this road before. You'll throw any excuse out there but the bottom line is you always play the victim and it's someone else's fault for not rescuing you.

So really, you're reaching. Your passive aggressive manner doesn't work with me.... try a different approach.

You're back tracking and attempting to sidestep by playing the victim. And don't throw out an insult and close it with "That's all i have to say". My mother in law pulls that crap. If you speak offending words, be ready to discuss the matter.

Had you asked me for some assistance, I would have obliged just as I've done for many others. Anyone who reads these forums knows I don't shy away from confrontations, nor accountability. I've received no PMs from people wondering where is the assistance I offered them. Please find them so that I may correct my actions. <- See that? That's accountability. I acknowledge that if I made an error, I'm willing to correct it.

But you didn't ask me, you didn't bring it to my attention. You did nothing and then complain about how nobody helped you. And let's not forget your accusations of superficial efforts on my part. Maybe I should PM you daily to ask if there's anything I can do for you.

Weak, Ash. Very, very weak.

Your accusations of me taking an apathetic stance holds no weight. I want instances where I've offered to help someone and just let it go. (That means links, etc). No sidestepping, now. Real links, please.

It's the real world Ash and you're a big boy. Sooner or later you need to understand some of the problems and issues are of your own doing and not a result of someone else's actions.

It's bad enough throwing out baseless comments and accusations. But to continue to sidestep after getting called on it... come on, man. How can people take you seriously if you never provide supporting facts or links?

Guest ash
Guest ash
Guest ash
Guests
btw ash, be truthful the video of lunk killing hosties was because you were hiding behind them on italy

Yes. He shot me through the hosties which killed them and me. This is the same thing he accused me of doing (which was an accident) and he kicked me for it. Lunk got away with it even though everyone saw the proof.

Um... I'm bored with this topic now. Can't imagine anything more being said on either side that will move this forward.

Shaftiel

I agree with Shaftiel... Talk it over with beer! How about if you guys IM and drink? :wub:

Lunk, grab me on aim and let's have a chat.

M2, sorry bud.

btw ash, be truthful the video of lunk killing hosties was because you were hiding behind them on italy

Yes. He shot me through the hosties which killed them and me. This is the same thing he accused me of doing (which was an accident) and he kicked me for it. Lunk got away with it even though everyone saw the proof.

- It appears that ZDs issue is either resolved, or is being resolved privately.

- Ash did not give proper response to Dukes questions.

After/per discussion with MrDuke, Im closing this topic. Therefore, please only BMs or above re-open.

Ash- Refrain from posting in others' complaint threads in the future with your opinion. If you have your own complaint youd like to lodge on a topic regarding YOURSELF , make a thread or PM MrDuke directly on that specific and CURRENT issue.