UT 2007 will be multi threaded

ZeroDamage

I am sure this may be no surprise but it is official: http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39930

One of the big questions on the mind of gamers has to be PhysX support, since this is really the first big release to integrate the card's features. There's mixed news: whilst the game magazine describes UE3's physics engine as being 'PhysX' based, Sweeney goes on to say that in multi-core systems, the processor will quite happily take the load of calculating physics.

"There is a primary thread for the gameplay and a second one for rendering. On systems with more than two cores we run additional threads to speed up various calculation tasks, including physics and data decompression. So the overall performance benefits greatly from a quad-core processor."

(edited)
unless one can get a PhysX card for a c-note
This my friends will probably not happen. As far as the PhysX card is concerned, I am running one right now. The demos that are packaged with it suck in a word :biglaugha: There is a game that just entered the market called Cellfactor Revolution. I installed the demo and tried it both ways. With and without the card enabled. Results without it were still very laggy with this game. Now mind you it may just be the game. I wanted to try it with City of Heros but havn't got that far and I don't have a charachter to test it with that has the abilities. Anyhow, back to the card, my opinion, DON'T GET THE CARD!! you can get a dual core processor cheaper than the Physx card right now. I think what I am going to do is hold off just before UT and pick up either a dual core cpu or maybe an FX

The card takes my fps and drops it through the floor and the lag is so horrible i would be better with packet loss. :biglaugha:

Actually in my opinion, it would be better to go SLI on the GPU end of it all. My brother has a 3800+ running 2 gigs of ram and 2 7950 GT's in SLI and he has to turn it down in Counter-Strike or he gets kicked from servers for FPS violations. Ok, i know, ---- holy crap that was a lot to say :biglaugha: :biglaugha: Just thought you might want to know. :peace:

Expect to see UT07 on the shelves for Chrimbo
Am i missing something! :unsure: What is Chrimbo :shrug03: Edited by Primus

When AMD goes mainstream with its true quads later this season, the market will drop. I would go for a moderate intel quad and overclock it medium. That will be worth it. I've never paid more than $425 for a processor, and I don't think I ever will (crosses himself for inflation...).

I think that with UT3 (I saw release date of Sept 3 in USA and Sept 28 in Europe...hey, what does Canadia count as, Dark?) as with other games, performance will depend on the big three: CPU, RAM, GPU....

nuff said.

oh, and if my ping is back to normal by the time demo drops (will it ever...?) you can count on seeing me in national news for ripping every internet cable off of every pole in an entire city.

my ping = suxcksorsxosrsss (super 733t)