rap #2

Guest Mossad

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests
Gangsta Rap to me is garbage, there isn't a positive thing about it

ZD, I really don't think anyone cares what you think about this, nor do they care what I think. You don't back up everything, and you are a hypocrit....is that bad. I dunno?!?!

Easy solution to your prob about rap::

DON'T #$#$%$ LISTEN TO IT

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

For a lot of people who do not care what I think so many of you responded. Interesting.....

oh, btw, I do not listen to it. But I am entitled to my opinion and I stated just that. So if you do not like my opinion... well.... DO NOT READ IT. Interesting how that works....

And I will post information to back up my opinion in the PA forums later.

Better yet Fatty, if you do not mind, please move that RAP thread to the PA and we can debate it there since it turned into a Political debate anyway.

The point of us replying to your post just as I am now...is that we try and change your mind and give you a little incite to what we think. Now, come to think of it...after reading how outrageous that topic got...I don't care what you think ZD...I like to read the forums to get to know the people I play this game with. Maybe I should just replying to everything you post...After all, its just my opinion.

Let's not get sarcastic.

You guys do have the tendency to flame ZD as a group, as if you need to publically hang him. He also has the tendency to be blunt about his views and not care too much for political correctness. How about we all chill out a little.

I could share my opinions about rap, which are very similar to ZD's actually, doesn't make him right or you wrong, just happens to be where the coin falls. Regardless of that though, if we can't figure out a way to discuss it in a civil manner, these forums will go away.

That said, this is an entertainment forum, and it's moderated by ST however he feels fit to moderate it. If you guys see something that you think is injust, tell him. I will not move topics from his forum to another one, and at the same time, agendas will not be brought into this forum from anywhere else.

I don't care what people post, that is for the moderators to keep track of. I only care how the moderators handle their forums. Sexy did right in closing that. I would expect any forum that turns into a high-school hallway brawl to be closed.

At the same time, I will again ask you guys to not stand on each other's shoulders and flame ZD. I don't condone all his actions or decisions in his forum, but there's no point in flaming a guy because he posted his opinions. I know it's hard to shake an opinion.

In the end, as far as rap goes, much of today's rap is crap. That is only because everything about it is about as opposite my beliefs as you can get. Sure, there's some talent, but in my opinion all put to waste. This, however, is the EXACT reason that our country is so great. It is perfectly ok for people to play, create, sing things that I completely despise. THAT is the essense of freedom. It's just my job to accidently lose the 50 cent CDs that my niece buys....

Keep it cool. :rolleyes:

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Raven, I love to be persuaded another way. The reason it hasn't happened here because people post calling me a biggot, hypocrite, racist, and other things yet never post their opinion with anything to back it up. I base my opinions on facts, not just some random thoughts which take place in here. I was persuaded on the homosexual parents issue somewhat in regards to homosexual parents adopting kids. I can not be persuaded on the abortion issue. All of the information and facts points at it being wrong knowing that it is a human life being taken. So many here have said that rap are musicians because I was ignorant for stating that. I have never not ever seen one playing one. Many say there are positive messages from rap yet I have yet to see one of the posters here post some positive uncut lyrics by these gangster rappers. If people want to persuade me otherwise, then do a better job other than telling me to stfu, calling me names and just spewing out a bunch of baseless theories and opinions and personally attacking my beliefs.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
I base my opinions on facts

no you don't...

when I get home and some time I'll prove it...

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
Many say there are positive messages from rap yet I have yet to see one of the posters here post some positive uncut lyrics by these gangster rappers.

I asked you before to post some lyics that you hated so much... so I could try to show you how I see them... but when I get home I'll also do it since you're not gonna... :blink:

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

actually cane, i asked you to post something positive from these gansta rappers and i saw nothing. I suppose talking about "Ho's" and "witches" and pot and weed and drive-by's are very positive. I will try to find some example lyrics because "unfortunately" i do not by the garbage so I do not have lyrics to quote right off hand. I've heard enough of it surfing through the radio stations.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
I base my opinions on facts

no you don't...

when I get home and some time I'll prove it...

Oh please do. I cant wait to see how you can prove that I do not prove my opinions on facts that I post in the threads. Nevermind the homosexual, abortion ones and others.

I'd like to know what 50 cent does for anything. I have to agree with ZD generally on this one.

Now, I listened to crap that my parents didn't care for when I was growing up, but heck, that was stuff like Iron Maiden and Queensryche, and some occasional senseless MOD and SOD, etc. I can completely admit that there wasn't much value behind the music, besides it's entertainment.

Today, the rap we call music is even more worthless. It promotes bad attitudes, violence, sex, hatred, etc. I have the luxury of looking at this from a father's point of view. It's true, you are influenced by what you surround yourself by. Where you go your thoughts and mind travel with you.

All you guys that are defending rap...explain what the value is. Explain what it does for you. Tell me something positive about it. Tell me something that it does for society, heck, that's even too large of a question, tell me something that it does for anyone on a personal level, besides make them visualize sex, drugs, and violence.

Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guests

gangsta rap is the best, west side for life

you don't even know which way west is...

I used to listen to hardcore gansta rap, in high school majority of my friends were gd's and bgd's the gang scene wasn't for me, but they always had my back. I wen to Elgin high school in illinios. One day there was a guy beating on his girl. Me i can't put up with that, so i stepped in, said, "If you wanna hit someone hit me." Within no more then five second i had five huge guys right over my shoulder. I mean the smallest one was probably 220 pounds. So i went off to class, i just wanted to stop him from hitting her, but the guys that had my back, really had this guy crying though. When things were all said and done he had a broken nose and he was under his locker screaming and crying like a little girl. Now that's gratification!!!!

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

LOL. Mag, i do not know if that is for real or you being a wise donkey.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

this took a long time to find (First result on google)

Snoop Dogg - 20 Dollars 2 My Name

Nothing left to do, but buy some shells for my glock

Why? so I can rob every known dope spot

I got 19 dollars and 50 cents up in my pocket with what?

With this automatic rocket

Gotta have it to pop it, unlock it, and take me up a hostage

(from Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told, Priority Records 1998)

Outkast - Ain't No Thang

I'd do it if I have to

bustin caps with this a heat and load it clip up after clip

I'm packin my gauge, if I feel it

The glock, the gat, the nine, the heaters

See I be bustin caps like my amp be bustin speakers

So how do you figure that Big Boi be scared to blast ya

You 'posed to be quickest draw, but man, I hail em faster

1-2-3, you need to think about the future

Before I shoot your donkey and dilute your blood with lead

From my hollow tips, I'll send you to an early grave

(from Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, La Face 1994)

Tha Eastsidaz - Another Day

How much dirt have I done

My life has just begun

I sleep with my gun

My problems weigh a ton...

Live by the gun die by the gun

(from Snoop Dogg Presents The Eastsidaz, Doggystyle Records, 2000)

Big Pun - Brave In The Heart

I'm from where the guns love to introduce theyself

Reduce your health, little bulletproofs get felt

Make way for krill, I don't play I spray for real

Blow your top with the glock, that's my favourite kill

Blaze your crib with like thirty shots

I'm already hot, but my last one is with some dirty cops

Blow a hole through your ribs just for runnin your lips

The street's a trip; either you deep or you sleep with the fish

(from Endangered Species, released posthumously, Loud 2001)

Notorious BIG - Come On

I shot dread in the head, took the bread and the landspread

Lil' Gotti got the shotty to your body

So don't resist, or you might miss Christmas

I tote guns, I make number runs

I give emcees the runs drippin

when I throw my clip in the AK, I slay from far away

Everybody hit the DECK

(from Born Again, released posthumously, Bad Boy Entertainment 1999)

C-Murder - Constantly 'N Danger

Bulletproof vest on my chest

And bulletproof windshields to catch the rest...

My money bigger, huh, so I got a bigger gun too

I keep a nine with me, if you want me come get me

You shoot first... you better hit me

I keep a close eye on a stranger...

Cause I'm constantly in danger

(from Life or Death, Priority 1998)

Ludacris - Cry Babies (Oh No)

I caught him with a blow to the chest

My hollow put a hole in his vest

I'm bout to send two to his dome

Cry babies go home!

I just bought some new guns my mama said "it ain't worth it"

But I'm at the shooting range just cause

practice makes perfect

(from Word of Mouf, Defjam, 2001)

2Pac - Five Deadly Venomz

I got a glock that say 'Pac run the block...

My gauge gets me... PAID

As I sit and reminisce about the old days

Hugging on my AK... getting played, hey ...

I pop a clip and grip my nine tight

Now it's on everyday could be my last day

That's why I blast on they donkey as I past let the glass spray

(Interscope 1993)

The Link

Yeah, this is positive stuff. I think I am going to go buy some of this for my 4 year old. He can learn how to bust a cap.

I listen to Gangster rap. I like it. Snoop Dog, Dre, Bone Thugs, I like all them real G's. Like MP Stinger said, west coast for lizzife. However, I also listen to a lot of classic rock. Big band records are often found spinning on my record player. I'm in a band that plays modern Christian rock. Yet when we're goofin off in practice we end up playing The Cars,, Nirvana, Metallica, Queen and other stuff. I find nothing more relaxing than sitting back in a comfortable chair, with the lights low, and turning up a good jazz album. Just recently I went with my fiance' to a Seether, Socialburn and Ra concert. That's some pretty hard stuff, but I enjoyed it.

The point is, I enjoy all types of music depending on my mood. Music is an expression of the soul. If one's soul is expressing joy, then perhaps they would be found worshiping. A soul who has gone through much pain over the course of their life would likely be playing some grunge/hard rock, or even country. Imagined pain on an otherwise spoon-fed life, and you get modern heavy metal. No pain on a still spoon-fed life, living carefree and being sheltered from the world - modern pop. True musical expression is found in blues, jazz and classical. In my opinion those three types are the pure, unfettered musical release of the soul's emotions. A jazz solo played from the heart, not the page, is amazing to listen to.

Gangster rap I find interesting because it's the musical story of the rapper's life. At least the rap I like is. I'm an old school guy, I don't do Jay Z and P Diddy. They're fake, just makin it up to sell records. NWA is where it's at. The kind of rap that Dr Dre and Eazy E had. Not "My crew could beat up your crew," but instead "My crew is on it's way to beat down your crew." And you knew they'd do it too. And beyond that you have the artists themsleves. Snoop Dog is currently doing a lot for his Long Beach, CA community. He's got a program for young kids to keep them from gangbangin. His rap crew Tha Eastsidaz took a big shot in one gang, and a bigshot in the opposing gang, and brought them together with himself and they form a threesome. It got the two gangs to stop fighting and start livin with each other. Tupac was educated at one of the best acting schools in the US, and was on his way to becoming the best black, male actor we'd ever seen. He would have been Shaft if he would have lived to make it. (that's film directors talking, not me) Tupac worked harder than most artists too. He would often be late to shooting his movies friends (directors) said. They later found out it was because every minute he wasn't shooting movies (he made about 5 within a few years. the one I've seen is pretty good) he was at the studio recording. The amount of music Pac put down on tape is amazing. He wasn't a true gangster, either. But he worked hard at what he did.

Don't knock Gangster rap just because you don't like it. It's the expressions of their culture. Just as blues or jazz musicians express their culture. It's all how one sees the world they live in, and how they choose to share it with others. If you don't like it, listen to something more your style. MUSIC IS NOT A POLITICAL ISSUE! NEVER, NEVER make music a political issue. You are taking an artist's worldview and telling them they can't see things that way. No one has that right.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

This will make you all happy.

Beware of the bad language.

Great positive messages in Rap

And after reading all of that, this is true cause of the problems, nevermind the lyrics above. Chief will understand this. :P

True cause

This is quite interesting

This should be enough... just one more.

Kill Whitie

Remember I didn't write and sing this stuff.

Hey zero that is a true story, back in the day i use to be hard... Use to roll with all types of gangs. It was kind of nice having their back but when i look back at it, some of the situation i put myself in were not some of the smartest. Let's just say i'm happy to be alive and have my freedom.