Bioshock

boiler

It seems all previous posts for the month of August were eaten by the great server monster, so I deemed this topic to be re-opened!

I played the demo, and read the reviews, and ME WANTS!!!!!

MO! Have you bought it yet? Let's hear your review already!

My dad, wife, and sister all had birthdays this week, so I couldn't justify buying Bioshock for myself this week. Looks like I may have to wait a while :(

Best...game...since...Oblivion.

Seriously...sell your sister. This game comes with many little sisters!

Graphics 8.5/10 Some amazing visuals for a console. Obviously somewhat behind PC visuals but just amazing for the living room experience

Sound 10/10 No game has done such a good job with surround sound ever. I haven't even heard movies mixed this well in 5.1

Gameplay 10/10...Nothing short of brilliant here. Mind you they don't do any one thing better than any other game, but it's the fact that everything is so good...every aspect seems like it's spent months being tweaked and refined. It has that kind of Resident Evil urgency feel to it, but once you get into the game you realize that you don't have to worry SO much about health packs and ammo and that you can just go around having fun...also the save system is perfect (save anywhere)

Story 8/10 So far nothing as epic as some other story lines but it feels very movie like...and all being set in the 50's they do a great job of keeping things in perspective..this all after barely scrapping the surface of the story line

I've put over 5 hours into this so far and I'm on level 3? There are massive areas I didn't thoroughly explore and I never got to a point where I was stuck and didn't want to keep playing. Based on games like HalfLife2, Prey, The Darkness etc. (immersive FPS) it feels like I should be nearly finished the game, but I'm barely getting started...this is a must buy IMO...

I have to agree with Mo, this has to be about the BEST game out on the 360. I unknowningly spent about 6 hours playing it yesterday because i was just so sucked into it. I've put somewhere around 10 hours playing the game and Im only a little while past the halfway mark. I definately plan on playing through this game a second time after I finish.

*kind of a spoiler.... but not really since it is ion the game booklet*

(im kinda mad since i accidently harvested one of the little sisters instead of saving her and I hadnt saved for over an hour..... there goes that achievement)

WEll, i FINALLY beat it; but now I have a few problems with the game.

First, I REALLY didnt like the fact that there are practically no penalties for dieing. No matter HOW HARD a part in the game was you could always keep going back. It seemed like it never really changed anything if you died.

A Second problem I had with the game was the last of difficulty as you get farther. The First Big Dady you face in the game is seemingly impossible. Once I got farther into the game I was able to take them out in 5 shots with a crossbow. The Splicers got harder as the game went along, but the Big Daddies Didnt!!!

Edit*

spoiler deleted

Edited by Thief_Lord

First, I REALLY didnt like the fact that there are practically no penalties for dieing. No matter HOW HARD a part in the game was you could always keep going back. It seemed like it never really changed anything if you died.

Woohoo! No penalties for dying! People like me can play this game without fear of our own gaming incompetence!

I broke down and bought it Friday while I was at Best Buy upgrading my cell service. Only problem? I was gone ALL WEEKEND and haven't had enough time to be able to take it out of the plastic wrap yet :(

I'm going to have to hit it today after work!

I broke down and bought it Friday while I was at Best Buy upgrading my cell service. Only problem? I was gone ALL WEEKEND and haven't had enough time to be able to take it out of the plastic wrap yet :(

I'm going to have to hit it today after work!

Bioshock 2 came out over the weekend...so you missed everything, supposedly bioshock 1 doesn't work at all anymore and bioshock 2 is sold out...

RAIN ON YOUR PARADE I SHALL!!!!

(not bored at work at all)

.... the igloo must be a little chillier than normal today, mo. :D

Yeah...day three of my hangover from friday night...I feel fine, nothing hurts, but as the day wears on I really start to realize that my brain is just not up to the task...check back tomorrow

(edited)

cracked open the box yesterday, and even though it's no longer supported due to the unprecedented back-to-back weeks release of BioShock 2, it worked :P

and it's sooooo ADDICTING!! :D

Edited by boilersax

cracked open the box yesterday, and even though it's no longer supported due to the unprecedented back-to-back weeks release of BioShock 2, it worked :P

and it's sooooo ADDICTING!! :D

Yeah saw you playing last night...