anonymo!! HDTV Talk

akaM2

Ok so my company is running a deal right now with Sharp on some LCD HDTV's We have until friday to pull the trigger if we want to buy one.

First mo, are these nice tv's? There 1080p thats all i know :P

Second if I pass on this deal, anyone who is wants to meet me in the milwaukee area I can throw the order in for you. I might be able to have it shipped to a seperate address when i buy it too. Havent looked at the order section.

I just think these are great prices.

tv1.jpg

tv2.jpg

I hate you. That means buy the 50", you won't find a deal like that in the next year. Sharp is one of the leading manufacturers of LCDs so you can't go wrong (actually one of the best you can get). Get the LC52D82U...120hz on a 50" LCD is just so nice. You will have to play CSS on it, or I will come and laugh at you.

DLPs are great if you have the space but sometimes have issues with video games and can have mechanical problems (colour wheel and lamp). You can get a much larger DLP for the same price as a small LCD or Plasma so it's a pretty straight forward choice.

You're kind of making me kick myself for buying my 32" last year in August for $900...but a year without HD would have been painful.

lcd and plasma use this "size thing" for marketing.

Well...sorta...I would love to be able to fit a giant DLP in my apartment, but there's just no way so I have to settle for an LCD.

so where u put your dvd player, stereo, cable box, playstation, front speakers?

Unit Dimensions (WxHxD): 58" x 37" x 21.69"

21inches deep

those are awesome deals for LCD TVs, if you are looking for a flat panel like that then I would definitely take advantage of it. If you're going to do it, do it right and go for the 50" model - with 1080p, you really can't notice a difference from 720p until you get to 50" sizes or bigger (unless you sit 3 feet from your TV).

I spent the last month researching HDTV's for myself, and ended up going with a 50" Sony SXRD 50A2020 1080p projection TV (similar to DLP without the color wheel/rainbow effect/moving-parts-that-could-break stuff) for $1650 with 4 year service/replacement plan from BB. It does have a lamp that would need to be replaced at some point (which is covered under my service agreement), but replacing it would make the picture as clear and bright as the day I bought it. BTW, the SXRD image processing is absolutely outstanding. Side-by-side with high-end Samsung DLPs, this thing was noticeably better in picture quality.

I did not have any size restrictions though (big living room), which is why I chose to go with the projection model so I could get a bigger screen and 1080p for less than a smaller LCD.

The deal you're being offered shouldn't be passed up however. Sony makes an outstanding LCD flat panel TV as well, but they'll be much more expensive than the deal you have there.

Man up, buy the 50" 1080p for $1900, then sit back and bask in the glory that is 50" or 1080p goodness (it's a beautiful thing!)

so where u put your dvd player, stereo, cable box, playstation, front speakers?

Unit Dimensions (WxHxD): 58" x 37" x 21.69"

21inches deep

Pretty much right where the DLP would sit. The issues I have with DLP are specific to people with small apartments, bright environments, small moving spaces or who are not in a permanent residence. There are also many questionable DLP TVs out there for cheap that stores try and lure people into buying (single chip DLPs).

So I'm not saying your TV isn't gorgeous for a wicked price just that it doesn't work for everyone.

I have the top one...52"

The cheapest you can find that thing after shipping is around $2,500...I'd buy it again in a heart beat. I have a brother who is in the market for a TV and if you could have it shipped to him, he would definitely buy it from you (You remember Bilbo?) He would be ready to do this right away I think, so PM me if that's a possability...but he lives in Maryland, so that's a lil' far to drive for it (though I bet he'd consider doing it...lol)

Anyway, Sharp makes the best LCD's on the market in my opinion. Samsung has good picture quality, but they're way overpriced. I'm in love with my TV...we just bought it two weeks ago (just 'bout), and the thing is SWEEEEET. We have it hooked up to an HD DVD player, and watching an actual HD DVD is pretty impressive, I must admit. Sharps are known for having some of the blackest blacks on the market, which is the common problem with lower end LCD's.

I don't think I'd buy anything else from Sharp, but after doing some exhaustive research, it's the only LCD I'd buy.

BTW, 1080p on my XBOX 360 looks sweet, and CS:S plays BEAUTIFULLY on it via my DVI to HDMI cable :peace:

Edit: I have my XBOX 360 hooked up via component cables and it DOES play games in 1080p, however, it won't play movies at 1080p through the cables.

Edited by [LaW]Maverick