Robert Jordan passed away.

Xoul

He died at 2:45 pm. I posted this in the wrong forum by mistake... i was so upset when I read about this I was crying and went to the wrong spot. Sorry for double post. His book series really inspired me to do better in life, and I will miss him dearly.

I met him once, got him to sign one of his books for me. Seemed like a nice enough guy, sry to hear of his passing. Did he ever manage to finish the 'Wheel of Time' series? Sry, just read your post in the lives we lead section. Very sad indeed.

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel

geez...I'm actually depressed now...he seemed like a really interesting guy. After reading The Wheel of Time up through book 10, I read about him a little bit on some fan-sites and what not.

It's tragic that he didn't get to finish his work...it's like having a part of your life unfinished before you go :-(

I will hold his family in my payers as well....

That is horrible horrible news. Despite being wordy and repetitive, he was my favorite fantasy author; I like his series better than LotR and that is saying alot. I just started listening to his books again, on my drive in to work. Was hoping that Memory of Light would be done at about the time I finished the 11th book. Apparently he has good notes, and the final book may still be finished.

That is horrible horrible news. Despite being wordy and repetitive, he was my favorite fantasy author; I like his series better than LotR and that is saying alot. I just started listening to his books again, on my drive in to work. Was hoping that Memory of Light would be done at about the time I finished the 11th book. Apparently he has good notes, and the final book may still be finished.

Yeah, I was looking into the news section of www.dragonmount.com to see if there's anything new developing in both the arrangements and thoughts on the completion of the book. I feel incredibly selfish wanting to know whether or not someone will finish the book WITHOUT changing his original intentions for the characters, but I just can't help it. I know if it were my work, I'd want someone (probably my brother) to finish it for me so that my achievement would be complete.

It's just such a shame that he passed away at such a young age...58 isn't that old. :-( At least, up in Heaven, he can see how many fans he has, and how many lives he has touched. I hope it keeps him happy up there.

Yeah, I was looking into the news section of www.dragonmount.com to see if there's anything new developing in both the arrangements and thoughts on the completion of the book. I feel incredibly selfish wanting to know whether or not someone will finish the book WITHOUT changing his original intentions for the characters, but I just can't help it. I know if it were my work, I'd want someone (probably my brother) to finish it for me so that my achievement would be complete.

It's just such a shame that he passed away at such a young age...58 isn't that old. :-( At least, up in Heaven, he can see how many fans he has, and how many lives he has touched. I hope it keeps him happy up there.

You shouldn't feel selfish for wanting the last book. I look at it this way. If I was an author and I had a really good series I was finishing, and i had enough notes to finish it, I'd want the first thing my fans thought were "OH NO, THE LAST BOOK" To me, I'd feel pride in that. I think Robert Jordan was the type of person who would laugh and get a kick out of it. He wouldn't have fought so hard to finish it if it wasn't for the fans. Thats just my opinion though...

"When he reached for saidin, the invisible barrier was still there, but it no longer seemed stone or brick. It gave as he pressed, bending under his pressure, bending, bending. Suddenly it tore apart before him like rotted cloth. The Power filled him, and as it did, he seized at those three soft points, crushing them ruthlessly in fists of Spirit. Aside from that, he could still only channel where he could see, and all he could see, dimly, was the inside of the chest, what he could glimpse of it with his head forced between his knees. Before he even finished with the fists of Spirit, he channeled Air. The chest exploded away from him with a loud boom.

Free, Lews Therin breathed, and it was an echo of Rand's thought. Free. Or maybe the other way around.

They will pay, Lews Therin growled. I am the Lord of the Morning."

'I forget nothing, Aes Sedai,' Rand said coldly. 'I said six could come, but I count nine. I said you would be on equal footing with the Tower emissaries, and for bringing nine, you will be. They are on their knees, Aes Sedai. Kneel!'

Coldly serene faces stared back at him. He felt Asha'man readying shields of Spirit. Defiance grew on Kiruna's face, on Bera's, on others. Two dozen black-coated men made a ring around Rand and the Aes Sedai. Taim appeared as close to a smile as Rand had ever seen him. 'Kneel and swear to the Lord Dragon,' he said softly, 'or you will be knelt.'

As stories do, the tale spread, across Cairhien and north and south, by merchant train and peddler and simple traveler gossiping at an inn. As stories do, the tale changed with every telling. The Aiel had turned on the Dragon Reborn and killed him, at Dumai's Wells or elsewhere. No, the Aes Sedai had saved Rand al'Thor. It was Aes Sedai who had killed him – no, gentled him – no, carried him to Tar Valon where he languished in a dungeon beneath the White Tower. Or else where the Amyrlin Seat herself knelt to him. Unusual for stories, it was something very close to truth that was most often believed.

On a day of fire and blood, a tattered banner waved above Dumai's Wells, bearing the ancient symbol of Aes Sedai.

On a day of fire and blood and the One Power, as prophecy had suggested, the unstained tower, broken, bent knee to the forgotten sign. The first nine Aes Sedai swore fealty to the Dragon Reborn, and the world was changed forever."