Mario 2

Windex

I'm not sure if you all know or not but the Mario 2 that you grew up with and loved was really not a mario game at all.. yes that explains why it was SOO incredibly different! The version we all grew up was really just a rip off of a Japanese game called "Doki Doki Panic" the REAL Mario 2 was only sold in Japan in fear that american gamers would find it too difficult. This game also featured 2 different modes. Mario or Luigi, Luigi could jump higher but took longer to stop.

Check it out on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_2

If any of you would like to play the original version let me know i have all the files necessary to play it (it's not just a good ole .nes file)

I just don't want to put it up on ftp! :unsure:

I'm not sure if you all know or not but the Mario 2 that you grew up with and loved was really not a mario game at all.. yes that explains why it was SOO incredibly different! The version we all grew up was really just a rip off of a Japanese game called "Doki Doki Panic" the REAL Mario 2 was only sold in Japan in fear that american gamers would find it too difficult. This game also featured 2 different modes. Mario or Luigi, Luigi could jump higher but took longer to stop.

Check it out on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_2

If any of you would like to play the original version let me know i have all the files necessary to play it (it's not just a good ole .nes file)

I just don't want to put it up on ftp! :unsure:

You just figured that out?

Ok

ummmm yeah..... you've been living with the lie for that long? :D

I played the "real" mario 2 on the super mario all-stars package for snes, and it was indeed the single most difficult mario game I've ever played. I never would have finished it if the snes package didn't give you the option to save progress.

Yeah I've known about it for quite some time too, however I was talking to some friends the other day who had no clue about it.. blew me away! Sooo figured I'd make a post to inform anyone else who'd been living a lie! :)