ATIs new Drivers.(or is it amds????)

Xoul

Well, I had to redo my PC because for some reason my hard drive stopped loading windows... anyhow... not a big deal... right? I run all my games off a secondary hd... 250 sata blah de blah... any who... I downloaded and installed the latest ATI/AMD drivers for my card. When I rebooted to let the drivers load, my LCD says "No signal". So I'm freaking out so I go to SAFE MODE/w network... where im typing this post from... and now I'm going to try the Omega third party drivers... UGH... I'm starting to hate AMD/ATI. or w/e.

Confirmed. ATIs/AMDs new driver for my card is a screw up. When I installed the drivers it was showing my card as a 1600/1650xt. But its only the pro addition. Although I'm not sure what barring that would have at all.... All I can say now is that, ATI has convinced me not to buy another of their products for poor support of the drivers.

Edited by Xoul

your post is REALLY confusing...

amd has far better drivers and driver support than nvidia. try booting windows in vga mode. your card is an x1600 so why wouldn't it see it as one?

Worked fine with every driver update before whatever that last one was... :shrug03: I thought my post was pretty to the point.

amd has far better drivers and driver support than nvidia. try booting windows in vga mode. your card is an x1600 so why wouldn't it see it as one?

Worked fine with every driver update before whatever that last one was... :shrug03: I thought my post was pretty to the point.

you repeated the same thing several times...

you repeated the same thing several times...

Yeah, I edited my post twice by mistake. It didn't take the first time when i hit refresh. Seemed OBVIOUS to me at least... <_<:unsure: Well, at least YOU were the only one to mention it. So I don't feel so badly. And why do you make negative comments? Do you not like me? Could you please not post if you're going to be so... crude?

Edited by Xoul

um, I noticed it repeated several times, thats why I replied with "Confirmed. Confirmed. Confirmed."

Really hard to pick out all the details on first read through. I don't think Cujo was being crude, just pointing out that it's hard to read when the post has repetition like that.

I haven't had an ATI card in a while, but I must say Nvidia hasn't been the greatest with their drivers, at least the non-8000 series cards.

i dunno, i just think you're being a little quick to pass judgements after being a happy customer for a long time. one bad driver update shouldn't make you want to switch. personally, ati's drivers being so good made it really hard for me to switch to nvidia. once ati has a competing high end product i'll be back in the blink of an eye.

sorry if i came off rude. i was just stating things plainly. i mostly scan these posts and seeing things repeated several times makes it hard to scan and take something away from.