What Mic Headset?

CrashOverride

a usbheadset with mic? hmm i'd just go with the standard.. i use a headphone splitter to seperate my speakers from headphones so when i wanna play i just turn my speakers off and full power goes to my headset

Not all of us have sound cards with 3.5mm mic/headphone jacks and the rest refuse to use on board sound.

I have these Logitech 350's and I love em. Plug in and go, no setup or drivers or anything.

Cheaper models, can't vouch for them.

Logitech 250

Or go ballstothewall

Tritton 5.1 Headset

Personally, I'm partial to the higher quality monitor-style headphones -- like Sennheiser. The mic is the cheap part of the package. I'd rather get a completely separate mic that can be clipped on your shirt and easily disconnected.

I'm not sure how good my current mic sounds, but its just a cheap ol logitech stand mic that I move about six inches in front of my face when I play CS; but good quality headphones are indispensable.

Personally, I'm partial to the higher quality monitor-style headphones -- like Sennheiser. The mic is the cheap part of the package. I'd rather get a completely separate mic that can be clipped on your shirt and easily disconnected.

I'm not sure how good my current mic sounds, but its just a cheap ol logitech stand mic that I move about six inches in front of my face when I play CS; but good quality headphones are indispensable.

Agreed. I use senn 555's and a cheap 8 dollar desk mic

I have a headset now , the clip on or desk mic could work. How close does the desk one have to be?

I have a headset now , the clip on or desk mic could work. How close does the desk one have to be?

mines around two feet from my face and everyone can hear it ok...really anywhere on your desk will work with it