OFFICIAL: Released Nov 19th

Flitterkill

EDIT:

Well, here it is, the official announcement!

EPIC AND MIDWAY ANNOUNCE UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 PC HAS GONE GOLD

All-New Cinematics Trailer Now Available

Midway and Epic today announced that Unreal Tournament 3 has gone to gold master for the PC. Developed by the team behind the critically acclaimed video game Gears of War, Unreal Tournament 3 is currently scheduled to ship in North America on November 19th for the PC with a suggested retail price of $49.95 and $59.95 for the collector’s edition. The PlayStation®3 version will follow soon. Unreal Tournament fans can get a taste of the compelling first person shooter by checking out the newly released cinematics trailer below, or download the beta demo that is available now at http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/ut3/.

Unreal Tournament 3 marks the return of the world’s premiere first-person shooter to the PC, and its debut on PlayStation® 3. Unreal Tournament 3 unleashes the full power of Unreal Engine 3, taking graphics, gameplay, and challenge to a whole new level. Players engage in intense battles with other human players online, or against Unreal artificial intelligence that sets the industry standard. With the most powerful futuristic weapons and vehicles available, this is FPS action at its best!

-end of official announcement-

According to Midway the plan is to ship in the US on the 19th and in Europe on the 22nd. We don't have dates for the PS3 version yet but we're putting the finishing touches on it now and it is going to be great.

release_date.jpg

Given all the stuff they gotta tweak, plus the character height problem (hit cylinders that surround character models are the correct height relative to you/map but the character models themselves are too short - you can shoot up to three "heads" above a player and score a hit - which is right - they just need to make the characters appear taller - but until they do that there will be so much yelling about hax)......

20 days (and don't they have to go "gold" in a few days for manufacturing, etc.?)

That and I just had a good gander at the warfare map description and objectives. I'm getting a real Assault vibe more than an ONS vibe...

;// General objectives displayed before each Warfare mission. //
ObjDesc11_0=Link together Nodes to access the enemy Core.
ObjDesc31_0=Link together Nodes and access the infected Core.
ObjDesc11_1=Control the Mine Node to engage the mining drones.
ObjDesc11_2=The drones will automatically begin to mine and stockpile Tarydium.

;//WAR-Avalanche//
ObjDesc32_1=Nodes inside the cavern are crucial to controlling the battlefield.
ObjDesc32_2=Simultaneously control both Cave Nodes to summon an infection tube that drains the Enemy Prime Node.
ObjDesc32_3=A shaped charge is available in emergency situations.
ObjDesc32_4=Use the shaped charge to release an avalanche that buries enemies and unlocks your Prime Node.

;//WAR-Downtown//
ObjDesc12_1=Use the shaped charge or Redeemer to destroy barricades.
ObjDesc12_2=With the barricades destroyed, heavy vehicles gain access to the main battlefield.
ObjDesc12_3=Axon forces have a strong foothold in this area. Defend your core at all costs.

;/WAR-Dusk//
ObjDesc18_1=Control Nodes on both sides of the mine entrance to open the security doors and access the Cicada.
ObjDesc18_2=Use the shaped charge or a Redeemer to destroy barricades that block large vehicles.
ObjDesc18_3=Use the Orb to instantly take control of a Node.

;//WAR-Floodgate//
ObjDesc40_0=Link through the Center Node to access the enemy Core.
ObjDesc40_1=Control the Floodgate Node to re-route a nanoblack wash and damage the enemy Core.

;//WAR-Islander//
ObjDesc22_0=Control the Prime Node to access the enemy Core.
ObjDesc22_1=Maintain control of this Node to shield your Core.
ObjDesc22_2=Use the shaped charge or Redeemer to destroy enemy barricades.
ObjDesc22_3=Watch for enemy turrets. They have a clear view of the central battlefield.
ObjDesc22_4=Control the Support Node to gain access to a Raptor.

ObjDesc55_1=Use turrets to control the central battlefield.
ObjDesc55_2=Turrets have a clear view of the enemy Core when it is exposed.

ObjDesc25_0=You are facing a dangerous and aggressive Necris force.
ObjDesc25_1=Nanoblack infected Nodes build Necris vehicles.

;//WAR-MarketDistrict//
ObjDesc5_0=Control the Prime Node to access your enemy's Core.
ObjDesc5_1=Control Support Nodes to unlock mobile laser turrets.
ObjDesc5_2=Use the mobile turrets to protect the Prime Node.
ObjDesc5_3=Short Circuit the enemy Core's coolant system by controlling both Support Nodes simultaneously.
ObjDesc5_4=An overheated Core raises into the open air and is vulnerable to turret fire.

;//WAR-OnyxCoast//
ObjDesc30_0=Drive the Leviathan into enemy territory and take control of the battlefield.
ObjDesc30_1=Control the Bridge Node to provide your Leviathan access to the enemy Core.
ObjDesc30_2=The enemy Core is reinforced by a modulated nanoblack barrier.
ObjDesc30_3=Only the Leviathan's main gun has the firepower destroy the barrier.
ObjDesc30_4=Control the Support Nodes to access flying vehicles and a Hellfire.
ObjDesc30_5=Use the stealth-modified Hellbender to sneak behind enemy lines and lay traps.

;//WAR-Powersurge//
ObjDesc19_3=The mine overload discharges a high voltage pulse that damages the enemy Core.
ObjDesc19_4=The East and West Tank Nodes hold important Goliath firepower.

ObjDesc65_0=Necris forces have inflicted serious damage to your core.

;//WAR-Serenity//
ObjDesc11_3=When Tarydium stockpiles are maxed, Leviathan production begins automatically.
ObjDesc11_4=Proceed with caution, Axon forces already have a Leviathan at their disposal.

;//WAR-Sinkhole//
ObjDesc4_0=Link your Core to the Prime Node in the center of the sinkhole.
ObjDesc4_1=Destroy the enemy Core.

;//WAR-TankCrossing//
ObjDesc6_0=Activate the Bridge Node to lower the drawbridge.
ObjDesc6_1=Drive your Goliath tank across the bridge.
ObjDesc6_2=Park the tank on the pressure pad to open the blast doors.
ObjDesc6_3=Destroy the enemy Core.

;//WAR-Torlan//
ObjDesc9_1=A Support Node below the central bridge will provide your team with extra fire power.

ObjDesc15_1=Krall forces will attempt to overwhelm enemies by attacking in packs.
ObjDesc15_2=Some Nodes are already under the control of the Krall forces.

ObjDesc47_3=Necris forces will vastly outnumber Ronin in this battle.
ObjDesc47_4=Infected Nodes will only spawn Necris vehicles.

-Fk

(edited)

Vibe? that is assault.

I'm takin up bowling

I dont care about activating some tube, or starting an avalanche... I want to run over someone's face and take over their node

Edited by Wentz

"return of the worlds premiere first person shooter" If they use "returning" and "all new" is that not an oxymoron?

I like ONS. I like killing people with hellbender on ONS.

I had I nice little Hellbender game yesterday with Tek. I got alot of hostility out. It helped that Tek was having technical problems.

I hate new UT3 hellbender cause it was designed by IDIOTS. Don't have the art department call the shots. I am tired of hearing "Look at the graphics, it is so beauuuuuutiifullll". Think in the real work and use common sense Midway.

New Hellbender in nutshell:

When I am fired at I really love the slow response, clunky moving, smog belching ut3 hellbender. The ut2004 moves when I step on the gas and no virtual EPA fines for pollution.

Tall ut3 hellbenders has a higher profile. You can see and hit it more easily which is a step backward in military vehicle design.

If center of gravity higher, how will driving up a hill be? Driving Miss Daisy terrain only? Maybe we should tell Midway to post some warning signs for hellbender drivers on different terrain maps.

Also include a list on how many hits are necessary with twin beam to take a vehicle down. Don't skimp on the zeros after the first number posted. I know it takes like 10 shots to kill a manta. Doing the math, 40 should bring down a tank. Killing a tank goes from 3 hits in ut2004 to 40 in ut3. Lovely.

Zoom is alot weaker.

What are the other games you guys are playing? Any hellbender type vehicles on them? ut3 is going to make me have a "schizophrenic fit". I will truly go MAD......

Maybe its just me, but I still feel as though this game is being setup with console in mind. And in the background you have 1 or 2 lowly PC guys going--cough, cough what about the pc. Anyhow, like I said, I'm in and I'll just hope for the best.

MP, you kicked the bacon out of my donkey the other night on foot without your hellbender.

Maybe the "mobile" turret on rails thingy will be your new love in UT3?

And, something I've always wanted to know: What does Gone Gold mean, esp. before a game is released? Does that mean sent to the printers?

Oh...and I suppose this means "no official demo."

Yep, I think Gear of War went to their heads, and all the console fanboy B.S...

GC Board Member

We'll know soon enough.

1) There will be a "real" demo, but not until after the game is in the stores

2) Gone "gold" means the code is final for production and it used to mean the creation of a gold "master" cd to be sent to duplication, etc.

-Fk

(edited)
MP, you kicked the bacon out of my donkey the other night on foot without your hellbender.

Maybe the "mobile" turret on rails thingy will be your new love in UT3?

And, something I've always wanted to know: What does Gone Gold mean, esp. before a game is released? Does that mean sent to the printers?

Oh...and I suppose this means "no official demo."

Yep, I think Gear of War went to their heads, and all the console fanboy B.S...

I only did that because I snipe, had distance, and a lg. In dm, you crucify me. I like to put some distance between me and you gc dm killers. I last a WHOLE LOT LONGER. Can't hit you guys with helbender if you see me. On the other hand, the bots and noobs ate alot of twin beams.

Mobile Turret? Does it have a zoom? Does it kill manta with one shot?

Got to wait and see....... will miss the lg also.

Edited by MaDPaT

GC Board Member

If you just go backwards in a raptor in UT3 you go, as Folk on the epic forums put it, "slower than my dead grandma" or something to that effect.

If you *strafe* left or right *and* go backwards, you actually move at something approaching a reasonable speed so I think (hope?) that's a bug that get squashed.

Otherwise, yeah - raptor, even though a touch slower in overall speed vs UT2K4, is pretty deadly.

-Fk