COD4 Server Suggestions

Unclean

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe after we get more of a following, we could do a specific gametype/day or special event so the regs can level up.

In the meantime, I was thinking of this for the gametype rotation:

Free for all

Team Deathmatch

Search and Destroy

I haven't played the other gametypes, so I don't know how popular they are. These three seem to be pretty common though, so we'll see where that gets us. :)

Unclean has a lot of good material to work with as soon as they get the server stable. Seems like the lag and connection loss is on their end.

GL with the server and I'll be seeing you all later. I might have to send some $ to fatty soon, I kinda miss you guys. :hug::biglaugha:

Unclean has a lot of good material to work with as soon as they get the server stable.

Thanks to you!

I might have to send some $ to fatty soon, I kinda miss you guys. :hug::biglaugha:

Ditto! Good times in vent tonight. NOT good times getting killed by you. :P

Personally I love sabotage, but I've not found a good sabotage server.

Your wish is my command, at least until you guys get your server rolling, besides I like sabatoge better than search and destroy. SD gets boring after a while. It tends to kill a server after about an hour.

Let me know if you guys need more help with anything. Might have to send in some money next week to the Big Kahuna :biglaugha:

Edited by Primus

Are some of the maps specific to a gametype? I just noticed that we seem to be only rotating through around 3 or 4 of them (could be server restarts etc. I'm not sure), I just don't think I've seen downpour, vacant, showdown, shipment, showdown, crossfire and pipeline more than once (some not at all), but have played bog, backlot and bloc moretimes than I care to remember.

Could just be based on my time on the server, or perhaps we're restricting it to maps beginning with "B".........

Yeah, that's server-restart related. I've been poking around a little to see if there's a way to enable map voting (but not kick voting). I think after the first week, there shouldn't be any restarts (maybe 1 or 2). In the meantime, if you'd like to see a specific map, let me know and I can flip it over for ya.

(edited)
Are some of the maps specific to a gametype?

I don't think so. From what I have read in several forums you can pick and choose your maps with any gametype. From my understanding all you need to do is put the desired game type in front of the map you wish to use it with.

Such as:

gametype dom map mp_backlot
can be changed to

gametype koth map mp_backlot
and then just mix and match the maps. My understanding is that is how you make a multi game types config but I am missing something in translation to get it to work so far. Unclean may have better luck with it.

Hope this helps. :peace:

Edited by Primus

(edited)
Personally I love sabotage, but I've not found a good sabotage server.

Replace Jackie's M203 nades with small sponges.

opinon: sabotage is better than search and destroy... the game itself is more fun with quick respawns... i like headquarters too. :)

Edited by Brew