360 is fried :-(

[LaW]Maverick

Yup, I got the 3 lights of death...I'm depressed. I'll be going at least a month without my XBOX and I just rented Mass Effect tonight too :-(

Curse the 3 rings of death and the poor thermal compound used in the first line of 360's!

It was acting really weird when it died too. I hadn't been playing at all, I turned it on--then BAM the game froze with pink artifacts all over the place. I thought...odd, it's frozen before but not with all the strange artifacts, so I turned it off, turned it back on and it seemed to work. I get to the beginning of the first movie, then BAM, it freezes again. So now I'm thinking dirty disc. I took it out, clean as new...so I put it back in and BAM it freezes right after the Microsoft Game Studios logo. After that, I tried to turn it on, and 3 Red lights stare back at me disconsolately from my console. :boo:

At least it's free to repair--gotta love that MS extended the warrant to 3 years because they knew they screwed up. :freak:

Hopefully you have better luck than my buddy did...after an extensive and mentally challenging hold time, he ordered his white coffin, which was shipped in about 3 days only to find that they did'nt put the return label in the box...so after a repeat of step one, he got another coffin..shipped off his baby with a fresh, unplayed copy of Halo3 eagerly awaiting it's return. 6 WEEKS later...they were reunited, old flames were rekindled, and they have been able to move on together, putting thier unfortunate past behind them.

The end.

Nooooooooooo!

Check out which error you have.

http://llamma.com/xbox360/repair/Xbox-360-error-codes.htm

Telling MS support the exact error code you get might speed things up.

My friend just had to do this (for the third time) a month or so ago and it was back in his hands within 3 weeks.

Good luck!

Yeah, the process always takes at least 3-4 weeks no matter how efficient you are with describing your problem. Sit tight, buy a copy of CoD4 (PC, of course), and join in on the nightly fun.

It gives you time to sample the better systems and rethink your gaming choices! :)

Well, I already have a Wii and a gaming PC...I can't think of what else you could mean

Surely not the PS3 which freezes just 'bout every hour :-) At least Microsoft, when they realized they had a production defect in their system, extended the warranty to 3 years. PS2's however, still have several inherent problems which haven't been fixed, and you still get the 1 year warranty :boo:

Still, I had a few friends that got their 360's back in a week and a half flat. :) I doubt I'll have such luck, however.

Surely not the PS3 which freezes just 'bout every hour :-)

I've never seen this happen on any PS3 and that includes devkits that were not turned off for months at a time. If that's honestly the case I'd return it. I'll take a PS3 over the 40% fail rate of 360s. :)

Edited by aMnesiac

Meh, I have a lot of friends that manage GameStops (from when I worked there) and most of 'em keep the PS3 kiosks off because they have to keep going over there to reboot the things 'cause they freeze....

My cousin-in-law has one, and when played, it froze every so many hours--though he has it in a cabinet which is no good for cooling

That, and I'd consider buying a PS3, I really would, but their proprietary games have nothing on the proprietary 360 games (Halo 3, Gears of War...and well, that's all I need to list right there) :-)

In any case, I'm truly glad to hear that not all PS3's freeze like the ones I've run into--but man, the ones I've run into are bad...