Map Making

dragonfly

Anyone using the UT3 editor? I have been for the last few days and I'm almost done my first map ever. It's a DM map cause I'm a noob (like I said, first ever) and was wondering if anyone else was doing this...

PS How come I cant upload any attachments here? I've got a couple ss's...

I don't like the ceiling.

:biglaugha:

The last time I made maps was using the Doom level editor. That was 1994. I made a map with a long tunnel leading to a pit that was filled with 100 pinky characters...mayhem.

Ok, fair enough. Any recommendations? When I get this sm problem solved I'll find a place to upload it (or we could put it on the private server to try it out?). Then I'd like some feedback, so this is a good start :) Though, it's always nice to have a suggested solution to a problem :P not just a bitter old man's ramblings :biglaugha:

I got into making Doom maps for a little while also.

Looks like making maps would be more fun then playing the game, I might have to try it. I don't think I could make a good DM map cause i'm such a noob. Can you make a single player map and just drop bots in it?

This is making me want to go play some Doom II or better yet some Redneck Rampage.

Ok, it's all done for now - need some guys to play and give feedback. I'm not expecting this to be the best map ever, and maybe not even show up on any servers ever, but would still like the feedback. Is there anywhere I can upload this so the guys can get it? It's only 9.93 mb...

Ok, it's all done for now - need some guys to play and give feedback. I'm not expecting this to be the best map ever, and maybe not even show up on any servers ever, but would still like the feedback. Is there anywhere I can upload this so the guys can get it? It's only 9.93 mb...

Wentz has a server?

If not, I have a pub site I admin, but it would have to be for us only.

I don't remember where i got this one from at the moment but I like the map. It is a big warfare map that has 3 different node configs. DL it and check it out in your instant action. Pretty big map but I like it, and it is the first new warfare map I've come across. Just thought you guys might want to check it out.

When you install it I did it manually and here is how i set them up.

Step 1. Take notice of the path!! Also, when you put them in and go to save you will notice a warning pop up. Something about it not being right or something I don't remember what it said. Just click ok when they pop up or it won't add them to your instant action maps to choose from. Also, do this first then launch the game for it to take.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jerome\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

sandstormconfig.jpg

C:\Documents and Settings\Jerome\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

sandstormconfig2.jpg

Oh ya, I guess I should give you the link to DL it. :biglaugha:

Here you go: http://www.gamersrow.com/downloads/SandstormxBeta.zip

Edited by Primus

There is one guy who is going through a bunch of Warfare maps and VCTF maps (That's where this Sandstorm comes from it is a VCTF map). He appends an x to the end of the name, throws in some nodes and stuff for the VCTF maps, adds more nodes, etc to the warfare maps, then releases them.

Reception has been pretty good for these for what they are.

Hit the Epic forums and look under the UT3 section for maps and mod - most will be under beta releases.

-Fk

Cool, I just thought I would throw this one out there incase you guys haven't come across it yet.

We can throw this up on the private server

Is there an IP for this private server or is it another pay as we go thing and GC only or what? Just would like to ask a few of these ?'s

Edited by Primus

K Flitter, I'm gonna send the map to wentz, but how do I get it to you... or can he put it on the server?

Razer, this is my first map EVER (minus starcraft and red alert) and it took me 20+ hours. But then again, I would do a room, decide I didnt like it, delete it, etc. And I'm VERY new to it, so I learned as I went. I feel like it's a 2k4/ut3 hybrid because it's not SUPER detailed with the smeshes, but it's got some in there.

How big is the file? You could probably put it on photobucket or put-a-file. Under 20megs and you might be able to e-mail it to him.

I would be more than happy to host any files you guys want. I have 50 gigs of space just sitting here collecting dust. :biglaugha: not to mention the 120 gigs of space I have with cybercitygaming. Just let me know if you need any.

Edited by Primus