Camera

dragonfly

I'm a noob when it comes to cameras. Is this a decent price for the camera? I just want to take pictures of pretty places. I dont want to be a pro, and I dont want to spend a lot of money...

camera

Any advice etc is greatly appreciated. Also, I live in canada, so no newegg :P

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=CNPSA460

its 3 dollars more there but its free shipping + no tax

i would recommend the sony dsc w80, if you can find it; its highly rated by consumer reports and to me, it seems to work fine; its discontinued though and the next generation of that model sucked so beware of that one

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/recommended-cameras.htm

Check out that article. If you don't want to read the whole thing, scroll down to the "recommendations" section. It has cameras broken down by their price category. This guy is a very well respected photographer who has been in the film/lighting industry as a professional his whole life pretty much. Photography is his hobby, but he's damn good at it.

Cannon is pretty much dominating the digital camera world right now. I'd go with one of those. Sony's have nice features, but I worry 'bout their longevity now. My sister-in-law's sony died after a year with only moderate use.

I bought my wife a Cannon fir Christmas, and it's pretty freakin' amazing, I have to say.

Thanks everyone! I ended up going with the Canon PowerShot A570 IS. I went to Walmart, got the price, brought the price to Black's and got it for that price. I also got 200 free digital prints with the $50 extended warranty. I'm happy I went with this one. The SD1000 just seemed a little more expensive, and I dont care about it fitting in my pocket. :D