12K found in refigerator

Shazz

possession is 9/10 of the law.. lol they rented the apartment, the get everything inside thats not fixed.. if someone leaves a jar of un-opened pickles you're more than welcome to it, if they are stupid and forgot cash in the freezer... well they are more than welcome to that too!

bah, that's hardly cold cash :D

Two suspects caught trying to carry a dead man into a check-cashing store in an attempt to cash his social security check were charged yesterday with attempted forgery, attempted possession of a forged instrument, and petit larceny, police said.

http://www.nysun.com/article/69291

:lol2:

Someone watched a bit too much of Weekend at Bernies :P

possession is 9/10 of the law..

I could be wrong, but here's my interpretation of this. People misuse this quote way to often. It means 9/10's of all law suits are about possession. It has nothing to do with who currently holds what.

But in my point of view, this city should have no say in this. If they do take it, then they need to be in the apartment cleaning business and like what was said about. They need to remove old jars of pickles, toothbrushes and whatever was left by the former resident.

I think they should let the old lady keep the money and make the detectives who "searched" the apartment cover the amount out of their own pay check. I mean - you find crack, dope and other money but you miss $12k in the freezer? A hungry college student could have done a more thorough search...