PORT CHANGE

Bubblegum Bandit

It is believed that some problems with the server showing up in the game browser may be related to them being on the default port. As a test our provider will most likely be changing our COD4 server's port to 28930 tomorrow morning. Please make a note of this an if you are having problems connecting, try changing the port #. GC members can see a further explination in the members section.

I'll be on tonight... had internet problems up until 2 days ago, and the fiance's birthday yesterday. But today is all carnage.

Aww yeah.

GC members can see a further explination in the members section.

Is there some super secret section I don't know about? Link, pls.

Oh snapz! It IS a super secret place!

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

grrr... Add me on Steam Friends!

I took the liberty of adding our server to Gametracker so it's now searchable on there now.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/216.52.148.155:28930/

It's got like 20 people playing on it when I looked a minute or two ago!

JackieChan

Thanks dawg! I sent off a request to Fatty to get the banner in this forum updated with the new port too.

Yesterday we were in the 2nd percentile. Today we're in the 9th. Let's shoot for 50th by next week. :) And DOOD! The server is still going. It hasn't been empty since last night. That's awesome!

GC Alumni
(edited)
Actually, if you use Ambience-x you see all four server status banners at the very top of the forum page below the links and above the actual forums. Those were updated last night. Forgot about the one that is tied to the forum itself and not the skin....

NEVVVVA

JackieChan

Edited by JackieChan

grrr... Add me on Steam Friends!

I took the liberty of adding our server to Gametracker so it's now searchable on there now.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/216.52.148.155:28930/

It's got like 20 people playing on it when I looked a minute or two ago!

JackieChan

Thanks dawg! I sent off a request to Fatty to get the banner in this forum updated with the new port too.

Yesterday we were in the 2nd percentile. Today we're in the 9th. Let's shoot for 50th by next week. :) And DOOD! The server is still going. It hasn't been empty since last night. That's awesome!

54th percentile. Frankly I am amazed at what something as simple as a port change has done. Its crazy.

Shaftiel

54th percentile. Frankly I am amazed at what something as simple as a port change has done. Its crazy.

Shaftiel

Agreed. Full server = awesome. I think another change may have been going from regular to hardcore mode. I personally don't like hardcore mode at all, but if that's what the people like, that's what it should be.

Looks like now is the time to get the reserves working properly -- I'm going to test the reserve settings tonight and post the reserve slot password in the GC member forums on Monday/Tuesday.

Shaftiel

Agreed. Full server = awesome. I think another change may have been going from regular to hardcore mode. I personally don't like hardcore mode at all, but if that's what the people like, that's what it should be.

Looks like now is the time to get the reserves working properly -- I'm going to test the reserve settings tonight and post the reserve slot password in the GC member forums on Monday/Tuesday.

How will that work anyway?

Shaftiel

I'll explain why I changed it to normal. For those who have been playing regularly on the server you know that hellbound plays a lot with his clan, bs. While talking to Reckless who just joined he told me that they really would like to join our community, especially as a staging point for playing competitively which I thought was great... however they wanted the server to be stock. So as long as we keep getting people and the bs guys sign up for GC memberships I don't see why we should change our server to hardcore any other time then on Wednesdays.

*Note: This is a big if, but if we get the server stable with members, etc. we might be able to get another server for hardcore... again that's an if*

I'll explain why I changed it to normal. For those who have been playing regularly on the server you know that hellbound plays a lot with his clan, bs. While talking to Reckless who just joined he told me that they really would like to join our community, especially as a staging point for playing competitively which I thought was great... however they wanted the server to be stock. So as long as we keep getting people and the bs guys sign up for GC memberships I don't see why we should change our server to hardcore any other time then on Wednesdays.

I think this is awesome! This is what we need....people in GC using the server...and having teams that frequent the server. I'm glad to hear this.

PS. no bs stacking :P

if you notce the TWL ladders you will see they have a 5v5 and 6v6 for both stock and HC. I think it all depends on your personal preference. I like it either way, if i'm gonna play organized then I think I would rather play HC. But thats just me. Considering this is a pub mixing it up like you are doing is great.

I agree with Unclean. I personally don't like hardcore mode. I think its more because I don't have the time to devote to the game to be as good a player as I need to be to play on it. That's why you haven't seen me in there in awhile. I came in a few times after you guys changed to hardcore mode and I couldn't go two feet without being killed again. It was no fun for me any more. I just let it go because I thought it was on hardcore because the majority wanted it there. Anyway, if you're asking for opinions, I'd like for it to not be a hardcore server.

It isn't on hardcore mode now -- and we still have plenty of people joining. Feel free to join us in the server!

Well, I hope so. Its been empty for a while now, if it stays empty for a day we should consider changing it back to hardcore.

Shaftiel