SNC Status

Fatty

How's this event going? Being as Saturday night should be a huge night for any server, should we consider moving this?

I know there is a following by those that appreciate this evening, but how does the traffic compare to our other nights? My impression has been (and could be wrong, that's why I'm asking) is that the traffic is light and that the evening ends / server goes empty earlier than it should on a Saturday night.

Move the evening?

End it earlier so server can recover and have a normal evening?

Do nothing because my impressions are off?

How's this event going? Being as Saturday night should be a huge night for any server, should we consider moving this?

I know there is a following by those that appreciate this evening, but how does the traffic compare to our other nights? My impression has been (and could be wrong, that's why I'm asking) is that the traffic is light and that the evening ends / server goes empty earlier than it should on a Saturday night.

Move the evening?

End it earlier so server can recover and have a normal evening?

Do nothing because my impressions are off?

I would recommend we open another Scopeless server and move it back there where it came from :D:thumbsup:

granted i haven't been playing for awhile.. but.. i think it's been successful sporadically depending on maps and who was mc'ing..

I would vote to move it.. but since we're down to 1 server... pick 1/2/3 nights a month per demand and schedule, as opposed to an assigned weekly night

GC Founder

Mohawk brings up a good point....collect some good maps, do it once / month and make a big deal out of it....and don't do it unless there's a bunch of GCers ready to rock....

I think one of the issues right now is that when the night is "over," it goes dead because the whole event is a cronjob....(i think?)...so an admin who is left alone can't just "turn it off."

It might not be a bad idea to turn off the Chron job for now and see what that does. I definately agree from what everyone says to me in the server when I'm running it that if the admins all leave usually everyone wants it to go back to normal maps.

It's tough to say whether we cut it to everyone other week or what. I'd say lets do this steps at a time. Part of why I'm resistant to doing this is depending on my events for the weekend I'm not always able to stay on for 3-5 hrs running it, sometimes I have to leave after 2 hrs. Doing it every other week would mean more maps and long runs, meaning we'd need more people to run it.

One thing that may help is if more admins can play during it to keep it going, provided that's what the players in-game want. My general experience has always been everyone loves to keep going, as long as it isn't the script picking the maps. The admin keeps it live and interesting and can respond to trends/requests/play in-game.