No Sudden Death?

YoMamma

Yes, sudden death is a must.

I talked to HC about maybe getting a fun sudden death.. i.e. All heavies with just punching each other.

Like duke it out to the end!

I've done this with medics and demomen on other servers. Seems fun & keeps teams from just sitting back and taking forever and no1 wins.

I like sudden death...and miss it.

I'll just tag onto this topic which I was going to create in a new: we gotta figure out what's happened to the traffic in the last week or we'll never keep a regular crowd. Games have been very hard to create the last few nights....last night I played some CSS because the server was again off the master list and I couldn't get ahold of HC....

I have an idea that you may want to consider running on the server. Make it a 24/7 Hydro, Dustbowl, and Gravelpit server. Advertise this in the name of the server and make reference to it being an improved respawn time server. People look at that thing first and foremost and they do not care that it is a gcftw.com or whatever server. You advertise that later. Make those changes to get a solid base going. Dustbowl is the most popular map I believe. If you want some CFT goodness, toss in the new Well map which is much better than the 2fort as it is not super small and impossible to get the flag. I want to play on your server but it is almost always empty when I do have a few minutes to play.

I still don't understand Sudden Death. All indications are that it's on (check mp_stalemate_enable). Even within the same map, different rounds will end up with sudden death and others with stalemates.

As for traffic, I haven't been seeding every day like normal. I'll get back to that, but we really need others to help. I can't be online every day sitting there by myself.

Additionally, I'm working locally with adding SourceMod, which will let me write some custom scripts. Until I have some scripts ready, though, there's no reason to put it on the server. I'm still learning about the language, and I hope to be able to work on that this weekend. When I figure things out and have it running, I'm going to post a requests thread where you guys can make suggestions (like the special sudden death rules) for me to script.

-hC

Who are you playin as? I don't remember seeing you??

The same name I've been using (YoMamma), but I must have joined some time after you left the server. I think I've only played TF2 in the GC server at the same time as you for about 5min last week.

GJ on getting sudden death back up and working.

I have not played on another server that has it working yet.

I even heard a bunch of ppl last night saying they were surprised sudden death works and i hinted to them to have us added to their favorites :)