iPhone Users

ZeroDamage

(edited)

I feel guilty doing this kind of thing, it's not my way of doing things BUT I just paid $350 for this REFURBISHED iphone 3 weeks ago. In a month there will be a better one BRAND NEW for either 200 or 300 with better features, etc. I may as well send this back and wait a month. I can keep on using my old POS LG phone until then, even if it does disconnect and what not at random times.

Edit: Nevermind. Return policy is only 14 days. I've been Frakked by Apple. Glad to be a part of this 1337 club.

Edited by ZeroDamage

Where did you find plan information? I cant seem to find it on ATT's site...
it's scattered around. it does NOT sound like the voice plans will be changing. here's where i got the data/txt from (see last question)

http://gigaom.com/2008/06/09/att-mobility-...e-game-changer/

you can find the data stuff buried on the at&t site, but it's essentially $30 for unlimited data (on 3g). that plan does not include text messages. try this link and click the services tab.

Im looking forward to seeing googles android OS.

+1 and to see if they offer on more NETWORKS then ATT. I hoping they do on sprint!

android by nature is built to work on any network. its just an os, not a phone. it's up the manufacturer to embrace it or kick it in the anonynads.

oh, and the release date on android has been pushed back ANOTHER year. ms 7 will be out before android is, but gg'z :spin2:

I feel guilty doing this kind of thing, it's not my way of doing things BUT I just paid $350 for this REFURBISHED iphone 3 weeks ago. In a month there will be a better one BRAND NEW for either 200 or 300 with better features, etc. I may as well send this back and wait a month. I can keep on using my old POS LG phone until then, even if it does disconnect and what not at random times.

Edit: Nevermind. Return policy is only 14 days. I've been Frakked by Apple. Glad to be a part of this 1337 club.

No... I think you frakked yourself. The news/rumor of a 3G iphone has been out for at least 6 months. Another update expected by Christmas (larger memory - 32gb?)

The only people who I could see justifying the 32gb version are ones who don't want to carry an ipod and an iphone. I say to those people that they are idiots if they think they can use an iphone as an ipod enough to justify having 32gb of music and still expect to have any battery left over to make all the phone calls I use my iphone for. If you expect to use it as both things that much...you're dumb. Since I woke up this morning (5 hours ago) I have talked on my phone for 54 minutes. My battery is just fine. If I were to use my iphone as a phone that much PLUS use it as an ipod enough to justify 32gb I would need to have it sitting on a charger all day long when not in use.

Just get an ipod touch if you care more about the music than the phone calls.

uh, i call you dumb, sir. i use my iphone as an ipod first and foremost, and phone secondary. the iphone music playback time is 24h. talk time is like a lot less (insert exact number here). i'd say the people that rely on edge/3g as their internet connection are the idiots -- that's where the battery drain happens.

(edited)

Well, one of the reasons why I am thinking of changing to an iPhone is because 1) I'm getting a little tired with the quirks of my Palm Treo 680, and 2) Cuz I want a new ipod and I figure it was better to combine the two (I don't listen to a great deal of music, but enough that a 512MB v1 shuffle is annoying).

Edited by dwEEziL

Never mind 32gb, can't wait till they come out with a 64gb!Couple of movies (+800 songs) for my trips on a plane and my 8gb iphone is full! So, 16gb is not much of an upgrade.

The only people who I could see justifying the 32gb version are ones who don't want to carry an ipod and an iphone. I say to those people that they are idiots if they think they can use an iphone as an ipod enough to justify having 32gb of music and still expect to have any battery left over to make all the phone calls I use my iphone for. If you expect to use it as both things that much...you're dumb. Since I woke up this morning (5 hours ago) I have talked on my phone for 54 minutes. My battery is just fine. If I were to use my iphone as a phone that much PLUS use it as an ipod enough to justify 32gb I would need to have it sitting on a charger all day long when not in use.Just get an ipod touch if you care more about the music than the phone calls.
I guess you have the 4gb model? lol

I grabbed the 16Gb model when I did because I wanted the extra space for saving videos and pictures that I may grab with it. It may become very useful when 3rd party apps start to show up as well as the games for the iPhone which may start eating up the space. The video recording app that I have with the iphone does a great job of compressing video to a really small size.