Civ 4

JackieChan

I had Civ4 when it first came out but sold it a week after. I loved Civ II and thought the game was evil it was so addictive. I remember CivII being difficult so when I played Civ4 on the default setting the game was too easy and seemed it practically played itself. I beat the game first go around so I sold it.

Wouldn't a multiplayer game take forever or is there a deathmatch mode?

I do not understand the point of these games...but Civ Rome looks interesting to me, is there more to it than just building a city? Whats the actual game?

Civcity Rome is FUN. If you like a casual building sim that's has a roman atmosphere, then it's a good game to pick up. Download the demo first, though.

In campaign mode, you can either choose to play through the game by only building a city or build a city while also defending it from incoming invasions.

It's more building a city than anything else, but there is a little strategy involved in where to put buildings so the inhabitants can get whatever they need easily so you can upgrade their houses fast.

Wouldn't a multiplayer game take forever or is there a deathmatch mode?

My roommate and I would play either on the same PC against each other on a medium-large world and it would take us ~8-12 hours to decide a winner (2-3 sittings). We'd also play networked so that we could see each other's moves. FUN game! Basically though, first to build statue of liberty and get fundamentalist gov't will win. :)

VooDooPC, you seriously didnt know that laser tanks were better than cavemen??? :P

Edited by DarkArchon