Owned. By: Apple

stutters

i'll hang the pinata for you windows fangirls on this one.

1. bought a full pop iphone, month later, price drops $200. get a $100 credit.

2. bought a refurb'd ipod shuffle (for the gym) @ $79. new ones drop to $49 a week later.

:bang:

fortunately for them, they make great products, and will keep getting my business.

sj, you need to learn to shop smarter.

1)I purchased a refurbished 4G ipod (pre-video) less than 6 months later the ipod video came out. I sold my ipod on ebay for $200 and bought the Video.

2)Waited until after the $200 price drop to purchase an iphone.

3)Purchased a refurbished Macbook Pro and saved $700 by getting 2.0ghz vs 2.2ghz, 128mb video card vs. 256 and a non-LED screen vs. an LED screen.

Can't say I regret any Apple purchase I have ever made.

i'm not sure how i was supposed to anticipate a $200 price drop pre iphone launch. you're telling me you saw that one coming, particularly relative to the price (at the time) of the q, high end crackberries, etc?

and i don't follow how i could have shopped smarter on the shuffle - it's not a new version, or a new release, just a price drop.

playaa, we've officially broke up. gl, hf, :wavey:

i'm not sure how i was supposed to anticipate a $200 price drop pre iphone launch.

It's like computer components. Just wait long enough and the price will drop. Maybe you just should have waited more :P

It's true. All technology based products drop in price rather rapidly. Eairly adoptors get sacked with the R&D costs. If you don't want to pay those costs, simply wait.

I got a Treo 680 on contract and using my employee discount since VT has a deal with Cingular/ATT. Got it for $230. 2 months later, same setup (contract deal) anyone could get it for lik $50. Yay me.

So what do I do, call ATT and tell them I am an employee at VT and they give me a discount? How does that work exactly?

i know you're fashion forward, but i'm not talking about the myspace-gen bb's.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-ser...lPhonesBody.jsp

Can I assume that whatever that links to contains some old crapper monochrome BB?

Either way...you could get the Pearl for $99 (down to $49 by the price drop on the iphone was announced) when the iPhone finally dropped...the Curve for $299-$399 depending on your standing with the carrier and upgrade allowance...I fail to see how the iphone at $599 (was this the launch price? wasn't it $699?) was in any shape or form comparable to the Curve

And don't even pretend that you couldn't get a phone that could do basically everything the iphone does (albeit not out of the box) for less money at launch (plus the holy grail...email push...yeah im using it, go flip your internet)

We should have a iphone vs bb war, like shaftiel's video, except one side is armed with iphones and the other bbs and we just go at it...

i'm down.

in related news, work won't enable imap on our exchange server, and i've got to start carrying a blackberry. instead, i'm having my -bb mail forward to my gmail imap, and i'm repeatedly driving over the blackberry.

sj, you need to learn to shop smarter.

1)I purchased a refurbished 4G ipod (pre-video) less than 6 months later the ipod video came out. I sold my ipod on ebay for $200 and bought the Video.

2)Waited until after the $200 price drop to purchase an iphone.

3)Purchased a refurbished Macbook Pro and saved $700 by getting 2.0ghz vs 2.2ghz, 128mb video card vs. 256 and a non-LED screen vs. an LED screen.

Can't say I regret any Apple purchase I have ever made.

Who spent $200 on a used iPod....wow...people really can be mindless sheep sometimes

I mean, I can understand buying an iPod, they're not bad media players, but I would never pay $200 for ANY used media player...ever...new, yes, used :nono:

I got a Treo 680 on contract and using my employee discount since VT has a deal with Cingular/ATT. Got it for $230. 2 months later, same setup (contract deal) anyone could get it for lik $50. Yay me.

So what do I do, call ATT and tell them I am an employee at VT and they give me a discount? How does that work exactly?

Here's a link.

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/

Plunk your e-mail into the "You may qualify for employee discounts. Find out?" section and clicky clicky.