Psoriasis

Demoner

This past summer I found out I have psoriasis and currently I'm using prescription cremes to help with it. I'm a bit unsatisfied with the results so far. I was wondering if anyone in the GC community has psoriasis or knows someone who has it and what he or she has done to help his or her psoriasis. I've heard of changing your diet to remove gultein (sp?) worked for some people but I'm not quite sure I want to go that route yet. For those of you who don't know what psoriasis is go to www.psoriasis.org.

I have a mild form of psoriasis that I've been told is next to un-treatable...so we'll ignore my situation

A friend of mine had/has very serious psoriasis which he has recently managed to control, to the point where he has been outbreak free for some time now. I will see if he can remind me what he did to get rid of it, I know he tried everything under the sun for years then all of a sudden something worked...just haven't talked to him in a while so I'll see what I can do.

Errrm...found out that my buddy actually got some kind of laser skin treatment (or similar, came from a second hand source...it was some form of new medical procedure as he'd been searching for a cure for years...his psoriasis was very bad, to the point of his face being covered in raw flesh half the time) which was covered by Canadian health care... :shrug03:

Oh Lordy, don't get me started....my psoriasis was "activated" oh about 9 or 10 years ago when I slid into 3rd base on a muddy cold day...the strawberry turned into plaque psoriasis.....been my thorn in the flesh since then. I'm not even going to go into all of the treatments I've had....both topical steroids and mild chemo pills, etc...

As for the scalp, I'd have a crazy amount of dander if I didn't shave my head every other day...so you have that option.

For about 4 months since then I had baby soft skin....when I received steroid shots in my back for my blown out disk....it all went away.....but it's back (however the patch on my leg hasn't returned luckily). I fight with my elbows and knees mostly....

Oh Lordy, don't get me started....my psoriasis was "activated" oh about 9 or 10 years ago when I slid into 3rd base on a muddy cold day...the strawberry turned into plaque psoriasis.....been my thorn in the flesh since then. I'm not even going to go into all of the treatments I've had....both topical steroids and mild chemo pills, etc...

As for the scalp, I'd have a crazy amount of dander if I didn't shave my head every other day...so you have that option.

For about 4 months since then I had baby soft skin....when I received steroid shots in my back for my blown out disk....it all went away.....but it's back (however the patch on my leg hasn't returned luckily). I fight with my elbows and knees mostly....

my psoriasis is worst on my lower part of my legs, knees, elbows, and scalp. Did you find your psoriasis to be better during the summer? I've been told that generally your psoriasis is worst during the winter or in climates where you skin is often covered from the sunlight. I take it that you haven't really found any treatment that has been succesful for you so far? My next treatment that I would like to try is the UV exposerure, but I doubt it will happen because that means going to the doctor 2 or 3 times a week for like a month or 2. My doctor said that is suppose to be the best relieve for psoriasis. Have you tryed that??

Oh and farmerisme, whats wrong with hippies? They are harmless. Oh the one bad thing I found out after moving to Willy street is that I live right across from the BP gas station where that guy got shot like a year ago. I was told it was a cop who killed him but I didn't really get the full story... how comforting to find out after living in madison for a month!

Lol nothing really wrong with hippies, other than the mild odor, self righteousness, and phish overplaying.

I get skin stuff worst in the summer, my doc says sweat or wetness can activate it. Mostly get it on my shoulders and elbows. But again it is mild and the topical steroids get rid of it right away for me.

Lol nothing really wrong with hippies, other than the mild odor, self righteousness, and phish overplaying.

I get skin stuff worst in the summer, my doc says sweat or wetness can activate it. Mostly get it on my shoulders and elbows. But again it is mild and the topical steroids get rid of it right away for me.

true about hippies. yeah your lucky then, i'm surprised yours gets worse during the summer though. unless you get sun burnt then that would make sense.

Summer better, yes...sun helps. Dry air in winter is bad. I love hot showers, that's supposedly bad.

I've found things that work, in fact the foam for a while and now spray (don't have names, but it's basically like gasolineish stuff...same active ingrediant just different vehicles) knocks it down. But it's just a constant thing...that's why I said "thorn in my flesh." I'll get the names off the bottles, they're escaping me atm. Maybe oluflux? Something like that.

olux is the foam

clobex is the spray, i'm on it currently

active ingredients are the same....

i also have talconex (sp?) in the cabinet too....for when i've beaten it down with dah spray...

olux is the foam

clobex is the spray, i'm on it currently

active ingredients are the same....

i also have talconex (sp?) in the cabinet too....for when i've beaten it down with dah spray...

are those prescriptions or can you just get them?