The Witcher

Unclean

(edited)

I like how you don't always have a clear-cut "right" path to choose. Also, there's a mod somewhere that changes the dialog (which has been altered to cater to the masses) to the original text, which does a better job at explaining the story.

My only complain is that most of the time, you're forced to stick with your two swords, which kinda defeats the purpose of it being an RPG.

Edit: I'd definitely go with the demo. It'll really give you a sense of what to expect.

Edited by lousiest

I started the download last night... should be able to install it today.

Lousiest - you're talking about a "right" path. Is it a good/evil thing like Fable? Or is it more along the lines of "you have to do X, Y, and then Z, not Z, X, Y"?

There's no clear cut good/evil. E.g. at one point, you'll have to decide whether to kill someone, but it's not so clear that that person deserves to be killed, as there are evidence that points both ways. And your choices do influence the outcome of the story (there are key scenarios where your actions during these determine the story's path).

Yeah, my roommate tried the demo and he didn't like it either, hence do try it before committing to buying the game.

Dude, I LOVED this game, I am actually getting ready to play it again making different choices. There are 3 possible outcomes, as far as the ending goes, but you can make other choices that have influence during the game. The main choice will come when you have to basically decide who's side you are on when the war comes. I thought the game was pretty awesome, that might be because I have never played a "true" rpg game and it had enough of an fps feel to it to make it enjoyable and introduce me to a different style of game than I am used to....so I cant judge from the rpg point of view, and that is the crowd that seems disappointed.

I give it 2 thumbs up :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
I can't wait for the new Fallout either. I installed Arcanum two days ago and bought Vampires: The Masquerade on Steam as well. Need my RPG fix.

I loved Arcanum! I didn't care for the first Vampires game so I skipped Masquerade.

I'm looking forward to the new Fallout, looking good so far. Has to be better then Hellgate London.

I downloaded The Witcher demo, I'll play it sometime today.

The beginning of the game almost drove me off, just action and cinematics plus the combat system was totally irking me. But once I made it to town and started doing some adventuring the game grew on me. Wish I had 50 bucks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
anyone?

I thought it looked cool, but the response here wasnt so great, but I dont think these posts related to the new and improved version.

Whats the total playtime look like?

I haven't played it myself but I know people who did/do and commented on the new update, supposedly it makes a huge difference. That being said there are a few flaws the updated doesn't fix and from the garbled rant of rage that I heard about the update, it's specifically concerning the camera angles.

Mmmm I love being marginally helpful!

for people waiting for the new fallout but still have your fallout 2 disk I'd recommend Killap's Fallout 2 Restoration Project He read all the published stuff about it and wrote code for everything that got left out of the actual release. It also fixes all the bugs that crop up when you try to run it on newer compies (that OS and processors). I'm really digging it. (getting armor for dogmeat is win in my book)

Ring

I loved this game the first time around and i will definitely be purchasing the enhanced edition....actually, i am looking forward to it!

Should be free if you already own the original.

Yeah....I sorta borrowed the 1st copy, so now I have to buy my own :D

(edited)

3 possible endings depending on who you ally yourself with. Humans, Non-humans or neutral. With your choices also access to sex cards that you can receive.

US version is censored (sex cards) european version uncensored. I got the uncensored one :D

Edited by Tracid

3 possible endings depending on who you ally yourself with. Humans, Non-humans or neutral. With your choices also access to sex cards that you can receive.

US version is censored (sex cards) european version uncensored. I got the uncensored one :D

Reported.

Reported.

Reported what?! lol