Paypal continued! lol

dragonfly

So I got 3 emails from paypal saying I paid $45, $10 and $37 to IMVU (which I most certainly did NOT do). I opened a claim with paypal, deleted my credit card off of paypal, and changed my password. Should I report a stolen card to my bank? Anything else I should do?

I know one of you had a paypal problem a while ago, but I dont remember who or waht you did.

Edited by DarkArchon

NOFX and I had an issue a few months ago with Paypal. They flagged and suspended our accounts because I included "XBOX" in the note. Our scam to legitimately perform a transaction on Paypal almost worked!! We were finally able to reverse the transaction and pay outside of Paypal.

You need to call up Paypal. According to paypal's website, you are guaranteed "100% protection from unauthorized charges". That doesn't mean they will honor it right away (although I may be a bit jaded). Here is my suggestion of actions to take. And also do everything you can to have them resolve it with you on the phone (e.g. "I'm logged into my paypal account now, please let me know when the transaction is reversed so I can refresh my screen." - payments are posted instantly).

1. Call Paypal at (402) 935-7733 or 877 672-9725. Call from a landline if possible.

2. Wait on hold for 30 minutes or so.

3. Talk to the rep that answer the phone, explain the situation. Hopefully it gets resolved here. If it does not get resolved,

4. Ask to speak to a "supervisor". A "supervisor" is actually a level 2 rep, but does not have any supervisory function. For fun, ask the level 1 rep what his/her supervisor's name is. They won't be able to tell you. Or ask the "supervisor" who transferred you to them. Or how long they've been supervising that employee. :) If the level 2 rep can't resolve the issue,

5. Ask to be transferred to "executive escalations". You'll get a direct number to someone to resolve this issue. Continue to call them until the issue is resolved.

Good luck! And remember: persistence pays.

Mercy beaucoup! Will start this the first free hour I get. :) Stupid exams.

And update: I got on the phone with cibc and they canceled my card, sent me a new one, and said if paypal doesnt give back the funds then they'll call it a fraud and I wont pay anyway. <3 cibc

Mercy beaucoup! Will start this the first free hour I get. :) Stupid exams.

And update: I got on the phone with cibc and they canceled my card, sent me a new one, and said if paypal doesnt give back the funds then they'll call it a fraud and I wont pay anyway. <3 cibc

<3 Canadian banks...all 5 of them!

So I got 3 emails from paypal saying I paid $45, $10 and $37 to IMVU (which I most certainly did NOT do).

Yeah - that was me.

$45 - Payment for that necro-bump in the UT forum

$10 - Hungry, needed pizza

$37 - Decided that thread bump needed to cost more than $45

-Fk

(edited)
lol dweez, "thought i saw canadian bacon"

also dark its mercI beaucoup not mercy ;)

Je m'excuse. I haven't used french since gr.12 which was... 7 years ago. I'm a little rusty. Used to be great with the grammar though. How was the "je m'excuse"? :)

Edited by DarkArchon

(edited)

Wow, pretty quick. Paypal said anything that was charged is going to be refunded, and my new card will be here next week too (thanks to cibc). Paypal did something right I guess. And I didn't even call them, just an email. I guess they realize I'm a more valued member than Unclean or NOFX :P <3

Edited by DarkArchon

Wow, pretty quick. Paypal said anything that was charged is going to be refunded, and my new card will be here next week too (thanks to cibc). Paypal did something right I guess. And I didn't even call them, just an email. I guess they realize I'm a more valued member than Unclean or NOFX :P <3

Fixt.