COD4 Petition for Hardcore

[LaW]Maverick

COD4 HArdcore Mode  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been playing on the GC server lately in COD4...the main reason for that is that I have gone over to loving the game in hardcore mode! It's great 'cause when I shoot someone, they generally die rather than me having to plug them 10 times to get the same result.

I have problems with these hardcore servers though. First, reflective FF is ridiculous and ruins the whole point of having FF on in the first place.

Second, it's not a GC server I end up playing on, and I miss my GC!

Third, a lot of these servers impose some pretty ridiculous rules while also making some good ones.

My proposition is simple:

We try hardcore mode for a period of time to see how people like and how the server population goes

-or-

we get another server for hardcore (yeah, I know, that requires money)

-or-

we just put hardcore mode on the server we have and say it's better! :)

I too am only playing on Hardcore servers. I do hop on the GC server every now and again to say hi, but I admittedly only play for a few minutes. If the funds are such that we could have both a normal and hardcore server that would be great. A time share of the current server would be nice as well (if not already in place, I am a bit out of touch).

Reflective FF is lame, I would like either FF on or OFF.

Hardcore mode for sure.

Please consider revising.

Thanks, Slaughter

We had a post awhile back about this... most GC members didn't want hardcore mode. I see that most want it hardcore now, so let's wait and see how this poll goes.

Also, Hellbound is the new Lead Admin... you should check with him if/when the server gets switched over.

From my perspective, I think it'd be ok... it'd be great to have you guys as regulars on the GC COD4 server, and recruitin' whenever possible. We have SO MANY regulars on that server, but just need to get them on the forums. :)

Yeah, I remember the post for it a while back, but I wanted to do a new one. The reason being that more people have been able to play the game and put more time into it. They've been able to try hardcore mode and regular mode more often and get a feel for which they like better--so, I figured it was time for another vote.

When the first vote was up, I personally hadn't even played on "Hardcore" mode yet, and really didn't know which way to vote 'cause the game was still fairly new. So vote for hardcore everyone! :)

(edited)
I still have only played COD4 a little bit so far and do not know what this hardcore that you speak of?

Basically, it's a more realistic (mostly) version of the game. You get shot 1 to 3 times and you're done (depending on where you're hit) and the radar is only visible when someone calls in a UAV. It can be a little confusing when you try it for the first time, but eventually you become infuriated with standard servers because you can't seem to kill anyone no matter how many times you hit them.

I have also noticed that Hardcore servers tend to stay full more of the time than do the ones that aren't set to hardcore. Slaughter and I have been playing on these [AON] (I think that's the name) servers, and they stay full on weeknights until 1:30am or so, and don't empty out completely until 4am. They're pretty much always full in all 6 or so servers they run, and they're all hardcore.

Edited by [LaW]Maverick

You have the same health system, but you just die quicker if someone is shooting at you.

Well, in addition to the lack or radar unless the UAV is sent up and what not. It makes the game feel more intense, and it forces people to do a lot less running and gunning and more thinking. At least, in my experience.

Absolutely Lets go HC. Standard servers are drawing the hackers as it takes a full clip at times to kill someone. Ergo, they use health hacks and so on to give them the advantage and with a standard server, sometimes you can't tell the difference. The games run faster which in turn you get more maps played in HC.

If you guys are considering another server, might I suggest one not so large. Say, 20 man at most, as it makes things more competitive and brings the matches to a more rounded skill level. Larger servers tend to bring out the P90's and Saw's as they can just spray and pray and will still get kills.

Oh ya, can you guys consider No Marty and No Last Stand. I play on a server with that and I personally enjoy the server better because of it. I don't know if you can take it out without turning the server to Mod. The server I play on scrolls it through console and everyone keeps an eye out. Anyone comes in with it they are asked to turn it off. If not, kick vote is brought up. Just a thought. :D

Is TDM still going to be the only game play on the server?

I haven't seen many people using Last Stand anymore. Martyrdom is still out of control, but then again, it always was.

I still see quite a bit of Last Stand on other servers...but meh....they both are stupid.

It looks like we have a near 100% vote for Hardcore mode....where's the lead admin on this? :)

Oh, and I still want to do that scrim....

scrim eh... why dont you try to revive that topic and see how many people react

or even better, make a new one with a new poll!!

if hellbound comes on vent tonite i might just tell him to check this thread ;)

could we try a hardcore night like we do with custom map night in css for awhile. the thing that concerns me with going to hardcore all the time is the server traffic. right now we are 945th in server traffic for all cod4 servers. also in order to get rid of marty and all the other perks we cant stand we would have to run the pam mod like they do with cal matches. :smillie_smilling:

I'm with some of the others on this. I only play HC, it levels the playing field for everyone. I really don't think it will hurt the #'s as much as you may think. When I jump in to the GC server without HC, I find myself unloading entire clips on people and they still manage to get away--frustrating to say the least.

Any ways, hope you guys go HC, I'll be watching.