want a dropbox?

stutters

dropbox is like a 2gb usb drive, without the usb drive. use it for private file storage, use it to share folders, or see what others use dropbox for.

still not impressed? check out the video:

[utube]OcS9w9dpKNQ[/utube]

https://www.getdropbox.com/

i bribed the team to give me pseudo-unlimited invites. if you want one, just leave your email address in this thread or send it by private message.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC Alumni
Looks cool... just signed up. How long does it take to get beta privilege?

took me two months, but it sounds like they just flooded the streets with invites. not sure when the next round will come.

maverick, pm me your email address (or put it here if you want), and also include your bank account #, social security #, and mothers maiden name. or just your email address.

Oh... I missed the last comment on your post about the 10 invites...

I'm a fellow mac guy. Does that count?

Oh! I wear XL too. Does that count?

Next time I play CSS with you, I'll just stare at you so you can get a head shot. Does that count?

how about a deal on the mbp?

post your email for an invite.

ddd269 at gmail dot com

You really thinking about MBA? I'm using my MBP to link to my Apple TV, so I'll be keeping it for a while. I'll need the MBP processing speed to rip my DVDs to the Apple TV.

I'm actually thinking about getting the next MBP when it come out, I'll let you know then.

You really thinking about MBA?

When you say this I think your talking about school...like actually getting your MBA..then i realize its about macs...

Get with the program young man...

When you say this I think your talking about school...like actually getting your MBA..then i realize its about macs...

MBA = Master of Business Administration was long an acronym before the mac air was ever out...therefore i believe you need to get with the program =P

(edited)

MBA = Master of Business Administration was long an acronym before the mac air was ever out...therefore i believe you need to get with the program =P

Wow... That's news to me. Master of Business Administration... What a concept. Who would want to be a master of a business. Maybe a master of 12 women - Now that's a master.

Edited by shoot

GC Alumni
"don't worry about how it works, it just does."

nobody said that, but i did say "it just works" as in "you don't need to hack anything, deal with random crashes, or blah blah blah. it just works."

as for how it works:

"All transport of file data and file metadata occurs over SSL. Files are encrypted with AES-256 before being stored on our backend."

things are stored on S3, which also has layers of authentication, too.

pass the soylent green, plz.

"don't worry about how it works, it just does."

nobody said that, but i did say "it just works" as in "you don't need to hack anything, deal with random crashes, or blah blah blah. it just works."

as for how it works:

"All transport of file data and file metadata occurs over SSL. Files are encrypted with AES-256 before being stored on our backend."

things are stored on S3, which also has layers of authentication, too.

pass the soylent green, plz.

have they said anything about how itll handle immense traffic once it gains popularity?

(hands you a people candy bar)

I also guess I misunderstood the context of what he was saying, I blame having just woken up.

GC Alumni
have they said anything about how itll handle immense traffic once it gains popularity?

s3. it's all about the scalability of the cloud. and, unlike most high growth startups, they wisely chose to build their own framework using php, not some cheap ripoff *cough* ruby on rails *cough*. (google ref: twitter ruby scale)

just break down and ask for an invite :D

s3. it's all about the scalability of the cloud. and, unlike most high growth startups, they wisely chose to build their own framework using php, not some cheap ripoff *cough* ruby on rails *cough*. (google ref: twitter ruby scale)

just break down and ask for an invite :D

fine, you win...invite? akatookey@gmail.com