Fresh start going well.

ThruX

So I moved to Vegas out of HS and got married had 2 kids. Money was great in Vegas but life was to fast paced and everyone my age just wanted to party. My wifes fam is in MI. We talked about moving out there when the kids are a little older and bills are paid off. Well I broke my leg in a motorcycle accident. My wife found a place with 20 acres. I signed the papers on morphine in the hospital. We packed up and drove here with crutches on the dash. Things were really ruff. As most know jobs are scarce here. I finally found one got in and put some hard work in and now moved up. Money is decent kids are well and there is a nice school they can attend. I will be starting school in the fall for an electrical engineering degree. Company is paying for, B- or better. Things are going to be testign at times but my wife and I agree it will be better in the long run to complete school now. If I keep excelling at this pace I might just be somebody. I was really worried and regretted moving when we first got here. Anyway just felt like letting some of the GC's know who I am.

Nice, Chief.

It sounds like you have the right plan and the right attitude.

I tell all the interns that I come across that if your end goal statement is when you succeed, not if you succeed... you have the right attitude.

Chief, you're happily married with two good kids (assumption)...you're somebody regardless of the degree you hold. Now trying to better yourself and provide a better life for your family, that's somebody with vision. Don't be so hard on yourself.

it's incredible that your job is willing to pay for your degree. i didn't start working on my degree until i was 23, but just graduated this spring (i'm 27 now). i think you'll find going back now, you'll be more motivated than you would have been if you went right out of high school.

i know how tough it can be to try to balance work, school, and money. i don't have any idea how hard it must be to do that with 2 kids. you've got my respect, no doubt. if you ever need any help, don't be afraid to ask.

keep up the hard work, it'll be over before you know it.

Thats great man. It's good to see you doing well. Yes... at the time it probaly was terrible the thought of you being on 20 acres and in a completely diffrent pace of life.. but i think in the long run it was a good move for you and your family. Things are going good for you now... your kids will be going to a good school and they will be clean from the citys negitive influence. I hope you can get your degree quickly and i hope that you excell and feel very happy.

Best of luck to you man. You got this.