Flooding in Iowa

Demoner

one of my company big office buildings is in cedar rapids and have been closed down since yesterday. they are the ones who also shut of her power, and this makes me wonder what kind of impact it will have on my department once the clean up begins and restoring of power. I'm kind of excited and nervous at the same time.

My house that is currently for sale is in the Missouri flood plain near the Mississippi river. Pray that the rain moves away from the river basin areas and onto the plains. Rain is nice for farmers and cattle ranchers but sucks for me lol.

Update, here's a Link of more photos both in Wisconsin and Iowa. I wish I could post some pictures up here that show more details of the progress of the flooding but company requires permission to be granted to do so.

Sorry to hear that Preach. You aren't the only one as I know here in Wisconsin in the Lake Delton area they deemed that area as a no flood area because of the levee which meant those people didn't need flood insurance and well... now their homes are gone or damaged as a result of flooding. Here's another story of a guy in Iowa who didn't have flood insurance because of their 30 day activation policy. http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/06/19/f...ople/index.html What a joke, just move in and help build levees that you hope to stop your home from being flooded only to be flooded and find out your flood insurance isn't going to cover it.