Iphone 2.0 BACK ONLINE

Lunk

I have Itunes 7. installed, I did the check for updates it downloaded and installed it. And now the only thing I can do is make emergency calls. The slide at the bottom says "slide for emergency" It just shows iPhone in Itunes not Dan's Iphone.

How do I reset and start from scratch?

BTW I was using my laptop for this update, same one I always use. It's windows xp.

I know I didn't brick it. :) But in it's current state that's about all it's good for.

It does not pull up anything in iTunes other than posting it under "Devices" and it says "iPhone" It doesn't give you any options to do anything with it. So, I can't do the restore.

from Macrumors.com

Apple is having major delays with their iTunes activation servers and a number of people have reported that Apple has simply let them go home to finish the activation process. Overnight, U.K. customers had similar problems with activation.

iTunes unable to connect to servers

Notice: The server problems extend to users who are trying to upgrade their iPhones and iPod Touches to the latest firmware update. In fact, readers should avoid upgrading to iPhone 2.0 until these issues are resolved. Until you are able to connect to the iTunes servers, your iPhone will be left in an unusable state after the 2.0 upgrade

So Basically the servers are getting killed from new activations right now that its hurting current users.

So many people are trying to activate at the same time... It's 2007 all over again. Server will probably be jammed for 2~3 days, at least.

So, don't update to 2.0 until all this "new" activations are taken care of.

first, :lol2:

second, activation servers are down. users are being asked to activate at home through itunes. users at home trying to activate through itunes are asked to be patient. people out of patience are asked to get their panties out of a bunch.

Remote is incredible for controlling your iTunes remotely. The only reason I don't use it always is that I have a laptop...so it's always right with me anyway.

Yelp is one I just installed because I love finding new restaurants. It's at least a 4-star app for me.

Evernote is amazing for keeping track of things you need to do (though it has no "due date")

Monkey Ball is fun, but not that amazing. To be honest I prefer playing Cube Runner a free app with crappy graphics but users can create custom maps for it.

I'm thinking of switching to an iPhone soon. Anyone got some lines on some good apps for IM, ssh, remotely controlling Windows boxes, wifi sniffers, etc.
those are in the installer.app, not the 3rd party apple store. there's a difference, and for now, the difference is that the "cool" apps aren't in the store, but the "pretty" apps are.

lunk, here's what i like:

loopt

pandora

weatherbug

facebook

twitterific

eventful

google mobile

boxoffice

I'm thinking of switching to an iPhone soon. Anyone got some lines on some good apps for IM, ssh, remotely controlling Windows boxes, wifi sniffers, etc.
those are in the installer.app, not the 3rd party apple store. there's a difference, and for now, the difference is that the "cool" apps aren't in the store, but the "pretty" apps are.

So you're saying all the apps I want there are already part of the install? (I didn't think ssh and RDP stuff was part of it)

no, Installer.app is the hacked version of iphones. Most likely every one of those apps will make it to the App Store eventually (excluding ones that Apple doesn't think are safe...probably like ssh).

Either way, jailbreaking your iphone is a piece of cake.

As for the Facebook app...the only thing I don't like about it is that I can't view/post on walls with it...it's basically a better Twitter but it's not quite Facebook.

So far I've installed:

Cube Runner

Morocco

YPmobile

Trism (if you like bejeweled you'll enjoy trism) This is a fun game much more challenging than bejeweled.

I'm still looking to see what might interest me.

Has anyone figured out how to add more folders to your email. IE: Under the Inbox I want to add a folder for GC emails, One for my motorcycle info etc.....

2.0 has actually been jailbroken for weeks and you can get previous builds of it as a public release, but not the final build yet (though it might be by now...I just started my morning browsing)