iphone apps you must try

Playaa

Cube Runner is still probably my favorite for its simplicity and addictive gameplay. I find myself using it the most.

Remote is obviously a must if you use iTunes to play music on your computer.

Yelp! is really good for finding things in your area. I discovered a great Kobe Steakhouse not even a mile from my work that I had never heard of.

Aurora Feint: The Beginning. This is a free app that I just discovered. It has some glitches and can lock up sometimes but overall it is an awesome game kind of like Bejeweled mixed with an RPG. You must get this.

Apps to stay away from:

Super Monkey Ball. Not worth $10 when compared to games like Cube Runner and Aurora Feint.

I've heard that it is good over Edge and I've heard that it's bad over Edge. I should give it a try. If it's not good over Edge I can't use it as the only place I have WiFi access is at work where I can't stream music anyway.

i prefer the last.fm stream over pandora, both are available as iphone apps or standalone. pandora seems to drift after awhile - last is consistently in the ballpark.

i'm really impartial to the other apps and half thinking about going back to a jailb0rked 1.1.4.

(hear that, i'm not a fanboy :))

Cube Runner is still probably my favorite for its simplicity and addictive gameplay. I find myself using it the most.

Remote is obviously a must if you use iTunes to play music on your computer.

Yelp! is really good for finding things in your area. I discovered a great Kobe Steakhouse not even a mile from my work that I had never heard of.

Aurora Feint: The Beginning. This is a free app that I just discovered. It has some glitches and can lock up sometimes but overall it is an awesome game kind of like Bejeweled mixed with an RPG. You must get this.

Apps to stay away from:

Super Monkey Ball. Not worth $10 when compared to games like Cube Runner and Aurora Feint.

Cube Runner is no longer available at the app store...

I played for a while and deleted. Can't find it now.

I did the same thing. Found out through the makers website that he uploaded a new version, found out it caused the iphone to crash so he took it out of the store for now. It will be back up when he fixes it.

Wish I hadn't deleted mine. That game was really fun.

I did the same thing. Found out through the makers website that he uploaded a new version, found out it caused the iphone to crash so he took it out of the store for now. It will be back up when he fixes it.

Wish I hadn't deleted mine. That game was really fun.

:lol: funny. I think we took it for granted that it was free.

AOL Radio is pretty nice. You can stream music stations (real stations) as well as talk radio or whatever genres you are interested in. I'm not a fan of AOL but that is pretty good.

Good and free: Weatherbug, Google, Movies.app, Bible, AirYell (Yellow book application), and I guess myspace and facebook are somewhat useful if you are traveling but not too good in general. I am waiting for my jailbroken apps to be moved to the app store such as the iphonevideorecorder and fring.

Whats this jailbroken you speak of?

Before the latest firmware 2.0 update, there was a way to "jail break" the iphone so that 3rd party applications could be installed on it. There is a Video recording program that you can buy for like 20 bucks that is definetely worth paying for. It is supposed to be made available on the App Store when the 2.0 came out but isn't yet. I wish it were because it would have been useful while on vacation.

There's always a risk. With the 2.0 firmware, there is no public release of the jail break so I cannot comment on that. I do not think it will be needed since the app store is out there and most of these applications will be made available on there.

There's always a risk. With the 2.0 firmware, there is no public release of the jail break so I cannot comment on that. I do not think it will be needed since the app store is out there and most of these applications will be made available on there.
unfortunately, the good apps from the jailbreak repository won't make it to the app store because of the way the SDK is locked (background processes, namely).

With a post titled "Thanks for waiting," the infamous iphone-dev team has announced Pwnage 2.0, a new version of its jailbreaking and unlocking software for the iPhone and iPod touch. Pwnage Tool can now jailbreak iPhone OS 2.0 running on an iPhone 3G, iPod touch, and original iPhone. It can unlock original iPhones as well, but not iPhone 3Gs yet. Just to make this absolutely clear: Pwnage 2.0 can jailbreak an iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 2.0, but not unlock it yet.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/...os-2-0-released

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/42858313/thanks-for-waiting